One of the things that my mom is known for amongst my children is her love for ice cream. They talk about the time that she game them ice cream for breakfast, and how she always gives them ice cream after meals all the time. They even go so far as to imitate her voice when ever they say ICE CREAM while talking about Grandma Tiffany. While my mom was here Alex was determined that the ice cream truck would come, and he had his $2 in his sweaty little palm while he sat by the door for hours watching for the truck. It never came, grandma even sent me out to buy some novelty ice cream to appease the poor boy, which he ate, but remained pretty determined that he would have ice cream from the truck. When grandma left, she left a wad of cash that was designated as "Ice Cream Truck Money", and it stayed where grandma left it until last Saturday...........
We caught him though as he made his stop right across the street from the house. Oh, but then there was a very important decision to be made.... Which novelty ice cream bar would they choose. The excitement speeded the process, and choices were made rather quickly. A Dora Ice Cream bar for Katie, a Sponge Bob one for Tori and Alex, and Liza (being old enough to out smart the situation) took her $2 and purchased 2 $1 ice cream bars, one for now and one for later (THAT'S MY GIRL!!!).



11 comments:
What a great story Christie!! I can't get over sweet little Katie's face!! Yay for the simple things that make kids so happy!!:)
My kids would love it if we would allow them such a treat, after hearing your story i just might give in this year. I am glad to hear that you have a ice cream truck out there too. My kids go crazy every time they hear it but have never had the sound of success ring through their bodies. I love the Dora. Janelle is inlove with her too. It must be the age.
It's such a crack up that your kids get so worked up about the ice cream man. I am more apt to be the meany, like Tricia. Still haven't seen an ice cream man in my neighbourhood here. Phew!
Katie's look is priceless. How fun!
Oh man, I never have cash around and you'd think it was the end of the world when Jefferson hears the ice cream truck! One of these days he'll experience this little bit of childhood.
Ok...now I don't feel so bad. I, too..have never allowed my kids to have ice cream from the ice cream truck! I think we might just have to cave this summer (albeit...toward the END of the summer :) Ice cream is GREAT though..is it not??
Hi Christie...welcome to the public! The family web site is getting more and more dead now that so many of us are blogging. LOL!
I loved this story, kids are hilarious. I actually have a friend that told her kids when the music is playing from the ice cream truck it means he's out of ice cream. So, her poor kids think he never has ice cream! How sad huh!
The Ice Cream Truck has some pretty neat ice cream novelties these days.
Cute story.
Oh man, you tell a good story! And your kids are so adorable...yea for being a kid and LOVING ice cream. That's something I can't live without. I suppose I must repent for cursing the ice cream truck yesterday for coming by at the *late* hour of 7:30 when my William had just fallen asleep...and woke up again crying.
Thank goodness for Grandmas! We have not yet discovered the wonder of the ice cream man for fear that the kids will develop a Pavlovian response every time they hear music!
These are fabulous photos, and as for me, I can't stand that ice-cream truck. We live in the cul-de-sac and that means that he comes down here, sits there and doesn't leave until all the kids have cried themselves out for an icecream, you are a way better mommy than me! I cringe at the sound, unless it's really hot outside and we're out of ice-cream in the house. Good mommy that you are, not a meany like me! (wink)
These are great! I love the ones of Katie!
Post a Comment