Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sickies for Grandma.

Well, my mom arrived on Monday night, and was greeted by Tori in the outfit of the previous post.  She was also greeted by strep exposure.  We have since had a sick kid nearly every day!  Why now I ask?  Why now?  I guess, on the positive side, my house is looking pretty good today because we have all been home watching TONS of TV.  

On Tuesday Liza came home from school with a fever and a bad cough.   The school nurse called me on my cell phone just as my mom and I were about to walk into Arundel Mills Mall.  Luckily Brent was Post Call and still up, so he went and got her and they both went to bed.  My mom and I were able to get in some shoe shopping before Tori's illness set in.  My mom calls the Arundel Mills Mall the shoe mall, and she looks forward to shopping this mall every time she comes, so we did as much shoe shopping as we could.  I picked up this cute pair at Skechers. 


I love a new pair of shoes, but I am quite particular when it comes to shoes, so it is not an easy thing for me to find them.  I usually only buy things on sale, and the ones that I get on sale have to jump out at me and shout "Aren't I cute!"  Rarely do sale shoes do that.  These little shoes were not on sale, but I couldn't resist.  
Wednesday during the day I took my mom up to Lancaster, we went to some of the little shop, looked at a few quilts, bought some woopie pies and fudge and had a little lunch.




It was a nice day, I wish we could have had more time up there, but we had to hurry home to pick up the school aged kids.  We went for a walk to Lake Elkhorn after school, I got to snap a few shots along the way

It was fun to have someone with me so that I could really think about what I was shooting, instead of who my kids were bugging.  I took a few flower shots too, but I will save those for another time.   We stopped at the park to play for a while.  I had fun taking pictures till my battery died just as my light got good!  GRRRR 




This is where Tori got sick, she was having a great time on the swing, then got off and threw up, and then started her fever... and by Thursday afternoon she looked like this....
Her face was all swollen, it was so sad :-( We took her to Night time Pediatrics and they said it was an ear infection ( I asked if this was common, to have a face swell up when they have an ear infection... she said yes, but later my pediatrician said that she has never seen that.)  her strep test came back clear so we dodged that one, but she was put on Amoxicillin anyway for the ear, so between the two girls I was dosing out 5 1/2 Tsp of the stuff a day! I was kind of crazy.  So on Thursday my mom was going to come to my Water Aerobics Class, (she has never seen me teach), but instead she stayed home with sick Tori.  Thursday and Friday were pretty slow, but I did get a lot of picking up done, and my mom helped with a whole lot of laundry.   It is always nice to have another woman around who can see with out being told exactly what needs to be done.  She was so helpful and made this bout of illness not so terrible.   I also got to take some time and go over to Jeri's and have a little photo shoot with her tiny tiny Simone.  It was so fun, even though that little stinker wouldn't curl for us.  I don't think we got the room warm enough for her, so she was a little fussy and she is such a stretchy baby, she sure likes those legs straight!  Here are a couple of my favorites from the shoot.  I hope that my sweet friend will share her adorable subject with me again sometime.



On Saturday my mom and I took the kids to the Science Center in Baltimore.  My kids adore this place every time we go.  I always worry as we are leaving that they will be tired of what is there, but we always leave wishing that we could stay longer.   When we got home we ditched the dirty, hungry kids on my sweet hubby, and headed for the mall.  Although we were hungry, we knew that eating establishments would be open long after the mall closed, so we shopped on.  I was in hot pursuit of a new purse, as I have been for quite sometime.  I was ready for my FINAL graduation from diaper bag to purse!!!  I wanted a cute purse that was fun, but not tacky, that was big enough for a diaper and wipes and my wallet, and maybe some dum dum's and fruit snacks.  You know, just the essentials.  After a lot of shopping, and just as I began to wonder if purses jump out at you like shoes do, I found this little number.....

Isn't she cute?  Ah, yes, the search is over, the diaper bag is unloaded, and the purse is now active.  How wonderful.  I can't even explain the high I get off of this!   It makes me so happy, it truly felt like a graduation day!  
On Sunday we did church and had a nice relaxing Sunday.  I planned on taking some pictures of my mom with the kids.  When Shirley passed away I regretted not taking more pictures of my kids with her.  I always take pictures with Great Grandmas and Grandpas, because you know the clock is ticking, but I have never been very good with pictures of the kids with Grandparents.  And I dropped the ball again.  DANG!  I wanted pictures, but forgot.  After a wonderful (LONG) game of YATZIE  where Katie rolled a Yatzie for Grandma, the kids hugged and kissed Grandma good bye, and everyone was off to bed.   As Brent drove my mom the the airport early Monday morning, she was coughing all the way, and said that she coughed the whole way home on the plane.  (I wonder where she could have gotten sick????)  
Monday afternoon Liza came home with a wicked Rash all over her body.  Dr said that it could have been a reaction to the Amoxicillin and told us to take her off of it since it had already been 7 days.  We did so, and 24 hours later the rash is worse and she is starting to get worried that she is going to turn into a tomato.  (those are her words).

 Poor Girl :-(.
Update..... This morning 4/2. it is looking better.

8 comments:

kristin said...

oh...I'm sooo feeling your "SICK KID" pain!!! When will it stop? this has been the sickest winter/spring in Taylor family history! ..
..off for more laundering..you don't wanna know :)

Jeri said...

I have tried those shoes on before! They are so comfy!

I am loving your pictures. (Except the one of my ugly hand! =) My favorite is the one of sick Tori...way to take a sicky and make it art! (I am serious!) She does look like a different person, poor thing!

I am sorry your Mom's visit was crashed by strep and an ear infection. =(

tracey said...

Blech! Sicky kids! That's just wild that Liza just contracted a rash as well. What's that all about? Hope things perk up soon.

Amber said...

Man you have been busy. Sorry the kiddos have all been sick that is a bummer. It seems to happen at the best times uh.....:-( Your pictures of Simone are beautiful. YOu will have to use that talent on my little one soon! I also love the picture at Lake Elkhorn it so pretty with the tree and water wow! Hope everyone gets better soon.

Tricia said...

It looks like your mom came just at the right time to help you out with your sick family tobad but she looks lkke she was a hugh help. Plus look at your cute finds, hope they all feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

How fun to have your mom. I love your pictures. The one of sick Tori is sooo sad! I've never seen a face swell from an ear infection. That's scary. Hope she gets rid of that rash, that's so uncomfortable. What a crazy shopper you've been! The shoes and purse are adorable!

Cami said...

Wow, there is so much in this post! Where to start . .. Those shoes are great and so is the bag, lovely pictures, and I'm so sorry about all the strep and rashes! My goodness!

tracey said...

Ok, I have to say something... I REALLY don't like the sicky picture of Tori... it looks like something from a horror film with it all yellow and everything. You're freaking me out.