Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ambers shower

On tuesday night we had a baby shower for Amber here at our place.  Wow what a turn out, I was surprised by how many wonderful friends came, and was sad to realize that my house isn't quite big enough to have us all sit down together.  It was a fun time anyway.  Scarlett brought this beautiful cake....
This was my favorite decoration, I thought it was so cute.
Christina prepared the games and only got to fit in 2 of the 3 games because everyone was just enjoying visiting.

I love to host parties, cuz then I get to make all my favorite snacky foods that I usually don't get to eat.  I made my 3 favorite dips, so although the food was generally "dippy" It was yummmm.  

I had to post a picture of the cute beaded toothpicks that I used to make these SO yummy fruit kabobs.  (I got them at Christmas tree shop.... oh how I love that place)  

It was such a wonderful time, thank you to all who came and made Amber and Addy's night such a success.  Amber was so happy, and tickled by all the beautifully girly clothes.  We live in such a great ward, there is so much support and kindness!!  It truly is like a family.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dip was soooo yummy! I could've eaten it all night. Your house was perfect. We were all comfy and cozy.

Brenda said...

That was so fun and you did such a great job! Your right, there are so many great wonderful people in our ward! Thanks for the fun time!

Scarlett said...

When you said you love to "host parties" you reminded me of the "Friends" episode where Monica says, "I'm the hostess, I'm always the hostess!" Remember they had lost their apt. to Joe and Chandler?

Just like Monica Geller, YOU are a great hostess! LOVED LOVED the fruit salsa. I will defenitely be making that soon.

Good times, good times!

Amber said...

Christie you are great! It was a fantastic party and I thank you. Our ward is great and we have so many wonderful friends!! I love it and feel so blessed. Thanks again for all your hard work it was so so fun.

kristin said...

looks like a wonderful time! And...who doesn't love a good "dip?" :) i have a killer recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip if you're looking for something easy and delightful! Looks like you have the gift of hospitality! love the decorations and cake, too!!

Cami said...

It was WAY awesome, and since I didn't eat dinner, I was so happy for your delish snacky items I can always count on. :) It had a great turnout and great fun. You definitely know how to throw a party.

Deb said...

very fun night. thanks for hosting!