Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flames Game!

Oh, boy, 2 weeks behind on posting.  We've had quite at time of it around here.  Brent and I had a wonderful time on our little trip to Columbus Oh.  All my thoughts of Ohio were confirmed as it rained almost the whole time we were there, and there wasn't a dang thing to do.  :-)  Anyone who know me well, knows that Toledo was not my most favorite place.  I searched on line for things to do in Columbus and found nothing except for the game which we already had tickets to.  Up until the drive home it didn't even dawn on me that Columbus has a Temple.  That would have been a great way to spend the day.  Any way.....  we had a wonderful time despite the fact that we were in Ohio.... :-)  On the sunday before we were to leave Katie started acting a little weird about her right knee, I remembered her stepping on something and saying to Brent that she could have twisted her ankle, but I can't remember what.  She woke on Monday morning with a lot of pain in that knee, and so I had to take her to the Dr.s after I taught my class.  The Dr told us that indeed it was swoolen, and there wasn't a whole heck of a lot to do about it.  She was on a lot of Motrin at Christinas house while we were gone.  By the time we got home she was better.  This little trip to the Drs set us back a bit on our schedule and we ended up driving like mad to get to Columbus on time for our Massage Appointment.  Right before the appointment the front desk Lady (Gloria,  she was really nice, her boyfriend is a Dr. for the Columbus Hockey Team, and so she was giving us the in's and out's of the stadium. )  She told me that they didn't have any record of me having the "free" Massage, that I was told i had on file.  So that was relaxing to find out......  :-( .  Anyway, we worked it out, but it was a little stressful there, as I thought my $0 massage was going to cost me $60.  Like I said though, Gloria was cool, so she worked it out for us.   We then headed back to our beautiful $200/night hotel, which I got such a rockin' deal on. Our room was on the "14th" floor, but I don't know who they are kidding when the elevator goes from the 12th to the 14th, with no 13th floor.  I KNOW and you KNOW that we were really on the 13th floor.  :-) but, boy was that a nice bed.  It was SOOOO Soft and cozy.  The next morning we slept in, it was beautiful, and then started our pursuit for breakfast.  The hotel we were staying in was located in the big 4 story mall down town.  Sounds glorious right?  Yeah the mall had like 4 stores still open in it, poor place was totally abandoned!  Even the eating establishments like Max and Erma's were shut down.  We ended up venturing out of down town and found a Tim Hortons Doughnuts (brent loves these doughnuts) where we made it 2 minutes before they stopped serving Breakfast.  We then went to Barns and Noble where I read photography books and Brent searched for weight lifting advice.   We then headed to Wal Mart  (I know, I Know, party on) but we had to get the new release price on Enchanted.  We went back to the Hotel for a NAP (AHHHH) and then headed out for the game.   When we arrived at the stadium, which we could walk to from our fabulous hotel, we had to wait a bit until they opened the doors.  We got up to the lady, she scanned out tickets, and the machine made a sound that could only mean bad things.  We looked at her in desperation, she handed us off to a fellow employee, who asked us where we got our tickets.  We told her that we bought them off  a website called  "Stub Hub", she told us that the tickets have not been paid for.  I guess when someone signs up for a season pass they get sent the whole book of tickets, but sometimes they are on a payment plan, and if they aren't current on their payments their season tickets are no longer valid.  We had to go down and buy new tickets and they cost more then the ones that I bought off the net.  We are in the process of a refund with Stub Hub right now.  It was a little scare, but it all worked out okay.  We went to the pre game skate, and I got some fabulous shots!

 I was sneaky and went down and used a little hole in the plexi glass that is supposed to be for the press.  It was so fun to be down that close to the players.





 We once again had good seats and enjoyed the game, even though our team lost (again)!  After the game, we hung around in hopes of seeing our team, but no luck.  We went back to our cozy hotel, had a lovely sleep again, sleeping in, with no one climbing on us!!   We found a Pot Belly Sandwich the night before and so we went there for Breakfast, it was so yummy.  Then we hit the road again for the long drive home.  It rained the entire way (7 hours).  We are very greatful to the Hansens, the Jensens, and the Hunters who made this all possible.  It was a wonderful get away, and a great opportunity for Brent and I to have some time alone.   Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!  

4 comments:

Cory said...

Sounds like a good time, and I'm glad the stress of tickets and vouchers didn't ruin it for you. I agree that Ohio isn't the grandest state in the U.S.!

tracey said...

Great shots! Bummer about the heart pounding denials at the massage place AND the stadium! What are the odds? Glad you were able to get it resolved and have a good time.

Jared - Christina said...

Man, let's hope the Flames play somewhere fun next time! Sounds like you made the best of it and enjoyed your time with Brent. I know you are going to blow those pictures up to poster size and hang them in your bedroom! :) They're great shots! Glad you had fun!

kristin said...

looks like fun, Christie!