Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hooray!

Yesterday I went to the Dr for a follow up visit about my blood work.  7 weeks ago when I was having all the CT scans etc done I had blood work come back showing trouble with my Thyroid.  Dr wanted me to wait 6-8 weeks and draw blood again to check and see if it was still off.  Last week I went in and had the blood drawn, and the results came back that I have Hypothyroidism.  This is why I've been so draggy, tired and have had NO energy!  It also explains the extra 10 lbs, among other things.  Today I went to the pharmacy and picked up my prescription and I get to start taking the medication tonight.  Apparently it takes some time to get the levels worked out, but I am so happy to be headed down the road to more energy.  I am such a "goer" that it drives me nuts to not have the energy to even keep my house clean. 



The weather has been so beautiful around here that it has been a real boost, we went to the park yesterday and took Natalia with us, we also met Eli there, so it was much fun for Tori!  I however could hardly stay awake enough to watch the girls.  I just wanted to crawl in my bed.  It was very frustrating as I wanted to enjoy the day.   I am eager for my clean house and hope that I become just a little bit less grumpy.  :-) 




6 comments:

Jared - Christina said...

Oh this picture is even better than when I saw it at the park!! Great shot!! It does help that those little girls were being so sweet...unlike my kiddo who just scowls at you when you try to take a picture!
Hope you are full steam ahead soon!

Jenni said...

First off - seriously what 10 lbs??!!:) You are gorgeous girl!! But I am so happy you found out what has been going on and I hope you Rx starts working for you soon!

Cynthia said...

Welcome to the world of Synthroid! Unfortunately for me, my weight has a little more to do with ice cream and sweets! :)

Tricia said...

I have the same thing however I didn't lose any weight when I went the med's.....I did have to stop drinking coke which I became a addict of, whenyou don't have energy what else was I to do. I did drop some weight when I curbed that. I also started water areobics and love it I am trying to go everynight but sometimes It just doesn't fit in. Good luck.

Scarlett said...

who thought you'd have the hypo! My mom has the same thing and as soon as her levels went normal she lost the extra lbs. she's been struggling to get rid of ( I've never seen any extra lbs. on you girl...where? WHERE???)

Who would have thought you are so tired all the time, when I see you teach those water aerobics classes I just want to strangle you cuz you're like a little machine that just wont quit! You hide it well. I hope you get leveled soon! Then nobody will be able to catch up w/you! (still you manage to do so much)

Kellie said...

Oh, I hope the medicine is kicking in. It is such a relief to find a reason why things don't work that can be fixed.