Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Push is on.

So I am in Utah right now, waiting for my little sister (in law) to have her baby. She is due tommorow, but we were all so so sure that she would go very early!! I can't believe how big she is, she looks so terribly uncomfortable, I feel so bad for her. Not too bad though cuz I am determind to get this wee one out of there, and home before I have to go back to Maryland. Today I made her lift my 55 lbs suitcase into her trunk, and also my 40 lb one! She did very well after I held her purse for her. She had an ultra sound today and found out that the baby really isn't as big as they orrigonally thought, but she is for sure due to have this baby! I spent some time cleaning up and helping out around the house while they were gone. When she returned we headed over to visit Anne (brents other sister) in the hospital. They finally figured out that she that swimming pool desease that has been going around in Utah. Unfortunatly though, since she is handicapped, she ended up with quite the bum rash / infection from the diareah, and is still in the hospital because now she is on iv anitbiotics. Poor thing. Her room is however on the 5th floor of the hospital and apparently the main floor where one enters is called A, so I made Andrea climb 6 flights of stairs. HE HE. Then we went back down the 6 flights, and up another flight into the parking garage. Then I took her to the grocery store where I made her hold onto the cart while I pushed it really really fast!! Now she has had a warm tub and now we will move on to some pressure point massage and a pedicure, so that her feet look cute for the day. :-) Which btw I have decided is TONIGHT! I will keep you posted, my post tommorow better include a weight and time, or elce it will be all the ways I tortured her.... sorry for my "creative spelling" but i can't get their mac to spell check this for me. :-)

7 comments:

Julia said...

You go girl! keep pushing, she'll only hate you until the baby comes! :D

Jeri said...

Remember to have her punch her husband! =)

Good luck! I called you today, and didn't get you. I hope that is because you are very busy at the hospital!

Anonymous said...

Oh,my. If I ever get pregnant again, I don't think I want you as my nurse aide. :) I don't do that many stairs pregnant or not! What is a swimming pool disease? I've never heard of it. Hope everything works out for you!

kristin said...

you're mean! Love ya and all..but you're mean (said Kristin who was pregnant just two months ago!) Torture!! :) You should have been an OB?? hehe

Jenni said...

Well I hope for your sister in laws sake she has that baby soon - otherwise I'm sure you'll be having her run laps!! :) Best wishes for a safe delivery for her. :)

Mendy said...

You are too funny, Christie! What new tortures are you planning for this poor girl if she doesn't deliver tonight?

Kellie said...

Man, if I'd had you by my side 20 years ago, I might not have had all those c-sections. Your sis is lucky to have you there!