Thursday, September 20, 2007

Field Trip Prep

Today I went out to a special 2 hour class on how to help with a very special field trip for Liza's class. I knew that I was going to a place with water, so I took my camera. We had the coolest experiences, I learned more tonight then I have learned in many many years. I am so excited for the field trip and the opportunity to go back. I got to see the basics of fishing with a net, crabbing, oysters, and micro organisms. It was SO cool. I am so glad that I got to go. Thank you Jeri for being a superstar and watching my kiddos for so long. (it was an hr drive there and an hr drive home too) I tried my hand at scenery, I don't think I had a high enough f stop, but here's a couple shots anyway... I will do a much better post when I go with the kids in October.
This is a shell of a "blue crab" we pulled up a trap and found a Large crab and this smaller empty shell. Apparently he (and I learned how to tell if it's a he or she) grew out of his shell right there in the trap. It was cool, the big crabs shell was still really soft and we got to poke him a bit. It was really neat. I just loved the colors on this guys claw.

6 comments:

Cami said...

That looks amazing! What a cool field trip.

Kellie said...

Your photos are really great, Christie. I'm glad you get to have this experience.

Jann said...

I've never heard of a field trip to get ready for a field trip. How fun is that. You actually get to see everything, so when you go back with the kids, you can pay attention to them. I am sure it will be fun for everyone.

Anonymous said...

How fun for you. That place looks beautiful. You could take your famiy Christmas picture there and have a great background.

Jeri said...

Wow! A superstar! Thanks! =)

This is such a beautiful spot. Nice landscapes, I think! ;) I can't wait to hear about the field trip with the kids.

Tricia said...

That is an amazing crab I love the blue on his claw