Whew, that was something else..... I'll tell you what! But it is "done", I do have a pile of papers to go through, but oh my what I did do!! I picked away at it for a few days and then finally on Tuesday night I called up my dear friend Scarlett (who just happens to be my Visiting Teacher) and asked her if she would like to come and visit teach me. I told her my plans to dig through my mess in my basement and asked her to come and keep my company while I did this. I HONESTLY didn't have any intention of making her work. I really truly just wanted someone to talk to while I did it. I work better that way, usually on the phone is when I get my best house work done. (So if I call you, I am likely cleaning my house) Anyway.... I don't know what I thought she would do, I guess I figured I would perch her on a stool and have her just sit there and say, "come on, that's trash, throw it out!" or "you'll never use that", but Scarlett came over ready to attack! She buttered me up first with an Arbone Facial, and then she took me down to my basement and Spanked me! Boy did I get in trouble when she saw my mess. Her kick in the butt was just what I needed. We sorted "Clean House" style, with piles, and used several strategy's to get me to let go of stuff. I got quite the tongue lashing for my endless stash of gifts that I keep on hand for various occasions. And was banned from all retail therapy. :-) It really made it fun to have someone else here with me working toward my goal. No I didn't take before and after pictures. That would have been just too embarrassing, but I can tell you this.. I now have some food storage, AND I also have my scrapbooking/ stamping table back, AND I can now get someone to come over and fix my light over my washer and dryer AND, I am having a yard sale on May 17th (come on over and bring your junk too), AND I am feeling about 1000 pounds lighter now that I have that done! AHHHH, so much better.

8 comments:
I'm so happy you're back from grounding and even more happy that you kept your word not to write until you were done. I'm so happy and proud of you for sticking to your word! It's good to have you back. I think we all went through withdrawls from your blog too!
Those pictures turned out beautifully, Christina is so hot in this picture, and momma Amber, oh ever so sweet! Nice job. I told you, you have a good eye for pictures! nicely done.
Congratulations! I never went down and saw your basement!!!! I will be back over soon! =) No, I should come down in a few weeks to make sure you are keeping it up!
I need Scarlett to visit/teach ME this week...and my "closet of terror and doom" :)
How awesome is Scarlett! She needs to be ward Mama and go kick everyone's tail and get houses in order. I'm scared to let her see my loft. Glad you're back. Those pictures are great. Christina looks beautiful -- and Amber is adorable!
Scarlett is just great isn't she!! Thanks for taking our pictures I think it is so cute with Logan kissing my belly.... Thank you Thank you. Christina you hot girl!!
Awesome! I have been doing the same thing lately and it feels so good to get rid of things!
Love the pics!
Great pics! I love them. I'm glad you had someone to spank you around until you cleaned up! I spank myself lately, but it's not as fun.
Beautiful photos, Christie! Really creative and well-done!
Post a Comment