Ah, I look forward to this day for 6 months. You see, my birthday is in November and Mothers Day in May. Therefor, I get a special me day every 6 months. Works out nice doesn't it? Brent is so wonderful at being supper hubby, and wonder daddy on these weekends. (he is always a great dad and hubby, but he really steps up to the plate at these times.) I got the whole weekend off, it was wonderful. Things actually started on Thursday when I got lilies delivered to me with a very sweet sweet card from Brent.
(I am going to type the card in here just in case I loose the original)
"Happy Mother's Day! Your hours are the worst, and call every night stinks.... but you mean the world to five people who love you more than you know. You have my eternal love and respect. Thank you for being Supermom! I love you!"
The lilies, though beautiful were not stargazers, which are what Brent ordered. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get the flowers that he requested. So on his way home from work on Friday he picked up some stargazers for me too, he told me that he wanted me to know that he knows what my favorite flowers are. He is so sweet. Friday night, after we put the kids to bed, Brent ran to Qdoba and got me my Favorite dinner, the Mango Chicken Salad (MMMM). He went out for a guys night to see Iron Man, but made sure that I would have a good "mothers day eve" watching my prerecorded Survivor episode. The evening was wonderful, I enjoyed my peace and quiet. I was awakened on Saturday morning to Breakfast in bed. I ate quickly as I needed to be at a stake service project by 9am. The kids came in with gifts and cards. Alex gave me a plant that they planted at school. Liza gave me a little paper flower arrangement that had things she would do for me written on the flowers. My favorite is "I will go to sleep". Katie and Tori got me an electric oil warmer from Bath and Body Works. Brent has been looking for 2 years for the last piece to my mothers necklace. I need a little shoe with Katie's birthstone in it. We can't find one, but for mothers day Brent found out that if he takes one of our existing booties to Jared's they will replicate it. So that was my gift from Brent. That along with the weekend off, and a fun filled shopping trip.
I headed off to the service project where we were making quilts for wounded solders, these quilts are beautiful and have taken a lot of man hours to complete. they will eventually end up at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Some other sisters went to a nursing home to do hand massages, sing and talk with the residence there. Other sisters went out into the community and planted flowers and trees to beautify the area. The day was quite a success. I went straight from there to the mall to use my "bounce back" coupon to New York and Company. It was $15 off of a $30 purchase, i couldn't let that go to waste. I got 3 shirts, a necklace and some earrings. I really like what I got! I met up with Christina and Jeri at the mall and had a nice time together. It was a little too busy, I like to shop with my pals when we can all be in the change room at the same time and show each outfit. But it was still fun. I found a LONG denim skirt (I've been looking for one, but refused to fork out $60 plus shipping). I am excited about that too.
I then came home to go out to dinner with Brent and the Kids. We went to Red Robin for a relaxing dinner. I like the environment there. I never feel like my kids are being too disruptive. I enjoyed our meal. We came home and Brent bathed the kids while I skittered off to play with Scarlett, Jeri, and Barbara and her sister in law at another Mall. We all went to get Pedicures, our toes all look so cute! I love getting my feet done, and having cute toes. We then ran to squeeze in some shopping really fast, but got locked in dress barn. (it was closing time) It was touch and go there for a minute but we got out! Jeri headed home with her wee baby, and Scarlett too, Barbara and her sister in law (what a jerk I am for forgetting her name) and I stayed at the mall to see a movie. We wanted to see "Baby Mama" but it didn't start until 11:05 so we got our tickets and headed to chillies for desert shots. MMMMM. We split and appetizer that had South western egg rolls, Spinich dip, and boneless chicken wings, and then had our yummy desert shots. Everything was SO yum. Then we headed to the movies. Baby Mama was actually quite funny. I enjoyed it. I wont be buying it when it comes out, but I may invest another 2 hours and $1 from the red box when it releases. It was quite silly. Steve Martin is in it. What more do I need to say. It was quite cute. We got home around 1:30 and I crashed till church prep time this morning. Breakfast this morning was served by Brent, he told me that his goal this weekend to to make sure that I don't feed anyone anything. He took over all feeding duties. It was very very nice. I ate a Fiber One bar in the car on the way to church (which is normal) but because it was mothers day, I got some OJ too. (whoo hoo!!)
Mothers day at church is sometimes difficult, I am sometimes full of guilt and feeling like I'm not a very good mommy. (totally my own fault that I feel that way, but I usually do ) I braced my self when the youth speaker informed us that the topic for today was sister Beck's talk "mothers who know". The final speaker however was Greg Jensen, and he shared some thoughts and feelings that made me feel so much better. Oh what inspired words he shared. On top of his "ra ra, go mommy's" part (which I loved) Greg shared something that really
touched my heart. He shared the scripture in Malichi 3:10 where they are talking about tithing and the blessings we receive for being faithful, "...if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it." Greg pondered over what that means... not room enough to receive it.... And then he brought up how mothers have such a long list of instructions and all the things that are required of us, and how over whelmed we get. He suggested that these lists are blessings, all this instruction is a blessing, we as mothers are so blessed to have laid out for us such detailed instructions of all the wonderful things that we can do to help our children grow, but there isn't room enough to receive it all. There is no way that a mother can do it all, He suggested that we see the instruction and suggestions as blessings, and take as much of it as we can receive at that time and not feel guilty about the rest, for we may be able to partake of those blessings in another season of our lives. (I started crying at this point and didn't stop until the bishop was done). The bishop got up to share a few words when Greg was done. I didn't get the feeling that the Bishop had planned to add his 2 cents, so when he stood up to speak, I was a little worried that he was going to rebuke what Greg said (cuz he really really softened the blow and told mommy's to relax and just do what you can). I should have known better though, our bishop is a loving man, and he got up and second Greg, and elaborated on his words. He shared with us his experience with dealing with the youth in this ward, and how these kids know what is right because it is what they are taught, and told all the mommy's that their children have their agency and the most we can do is teach them the way, over and over. It really shaped up to be a nice meeting. I left feeling like I could do this.. recharged... which is the way it should be.
I came home from church today, had a nap, hung out on line, blogged for a bit watched my Survivor Finally, and I am off to tub and read and go to bed. Ahhh, what a glorious weekend.
I received a lot of home made cards and papers this weekend. So sweet. My favorite cards are the ones that they use their own words to answer questions about mom. Here is Alex's from today....(they did this at school)
"These are the Top Ten reasons why I love you...."
1o. I love my mom because she reads me funy books. (little heart)
9. I love my mom because she helps me reede (little heart)
8. I love my mom when she makes me laugh by tickling me. (little heart)
7. I love my mom because she taught me how to mac my bed (little heart)
6. I love to hear my mom sing alot
5. I love my mom because she finds time to dy presins for me (little heart)
4. I know my mom cares because she tacs car of me (little heart)
3. I know my mom is smart because she went to school (little heart)
2. I love my mom because she works so hard at tacing car of me (little heart)
1. I love my mom because she is the BEST MOM EVER!
I LOVE YOU MOM! Alex
7 comments:
Wow, what a great hubby you have! That was a cute note he sent with the Lilies. The notes are the best part right?
Sounds like you had a great day, or should I say weekend? Loved your sweet note from Alex!!
So glad you had a great weekend, not just a day. You deserve a break with the schedule you have to deal with. I also LOVED Greg Jenson's talk. I wish he had more time. He said all the right things.
What a man the note and flowers and just a great weekend of fuN!! I am sad I missed out on pedicures next time for sure! Happy Mothers Day to yoU!
Lucky! You do deserve it though. Sounds like you take advantage of every moment. nice!
Great job making Mother's day last a few more days! There is an outback commercial, and at the end they sing "everyday is mother's day." I am going to sing that every morning! =)
I want to see the little hearts on the card from Alex. It sounds so cute!
What a wonderful weekend. It is great to have those you love and care for acknowledge you in this way.
I love those cards they fill in. They are so funny. Sounds like you had a great day!
Post a Comment