Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Alex's Party

Alex was torn between doing (yet another) Star wars party, and having a Scooby Doo party.  He decided on Scooby Doo.  Once the decision was made, I asked him who he would like to invite he said "Wyatt, Micah, and two girls, I guess Liza and Tori."  I began tossing out names of other friends, from church and from school.  Nope, nope, nope.  I said "Alex, there has got to be more kids that you would like to share your birthday with you."  He said, "Well, no, cuz there are only 5 people in the gang.  Wyatt is going to be Fred and Micah is going to be Shaggy, cuz Micah has brown pants and a green shirt.  Liza is going to be Velma, and Tori is Daphine."  I had to chuckle at my boy, he is so funny.  He had the whole thing figured out.  Everyone was to come dressed as their named Character and there was to be a mystery that involved a monster and a treasure.  It made the whole birthday rather un stressful  for me.  


( I told them to pose like the poster, I think this picture is SOOOOO Funny!)
Every one showed up dressed in costume and ready to go.  Brent was assigned the mystery, and he did a great job.  The mystery was about a monster who would play music (using remotes) to distract people from his treasure.  The kids chased the music going on and off all over the house, with a few visits from the monster along the way.  They found clues where the music lead them and then followed the clues until there was a final attack by the monster where they had to rip off his mask and find that it was just "old man Wall"  pretending to be a monster to protect his Treasure.  He finished the mystery by saying "I just wanted that treasure full of Candy all to myself, and I would have had it, if it weren't for you medaling kids."  It was SO cute.  We ate some yummy hot dogs and cheetos and cake.


He had a great day, and it was heard amongst the party goers that "this was the BEST birthday party ever!"  Happy Birthday Alex! 

11 comments:

Amber said...

You are such a cool mom!! Happy Birthday Alex.

tracey said...

Ok, that is way cool and way fun, and only a couple extra kids! I LOVE LOVE the posed picture, but where is the birthday boy?

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness that picture with them all posed is so funny and adorable!! What a memorable party!! Good job!!:)

tracey said...

oh, ok I get it... Alex is in the scooby suit. Sorry, I'm a little slow.

Mendy said...

This is adorable! Seriously, I love that he only wanted his party to be "the gang" and how you and Brent did the whole thing. You're so creative! I bet the whole thing was a dream come true for Alex!

Jeri said...

Such a fun party! I love the picture of the whole gang! So funny!

Anonymous said...

You give such fun dream-come-true parties! Those pics are adorable.

kristin said...

those meddling kids were at it again???? lmao

Cami said...

Of COURSE only 5 people can come to a Scooby Doo party!! Looks way fun!

Drea said...

That is so great! I love the top picture! It is too cute!!

Kellie said...

That picture is brilliant. I love the look on Tori's face. Very fun.