Friday, May 9, 2008

FYI


7 years ago, on April 14th 2001, I bought a box of  1500 toothpicks at the dollar store.  Brent teased me about my economy box of toothpicks and questioned me how long it takes to go through 1500 toothpicks.  I wrote the date on the box right there and then, and it has moved around with us ever since.  Well folks apparently it takes about 7 years!  I recall a spill at one point where we lost quite a few to a dirty kitchen floor, but you have to account for accidents too. So next time you fork out a whole 100 pennies for a box of 1500 toothpicks, know that you have invested in 7 years of pricking cakes, coloring frostings, and even some picking of teeth.  (honestly I can't remember the last time I used a toothpick for that purpose. :-))

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I can't believe you didn't lose it in moves. Time to go buy another huge box of toothpicks!

Jeri said...

Where are you going to find another box?

kristin said...

I don't even think I own any toothpicks...and I don't think I've HAD any for the past seven years...so I think you wasted a dollar...in my opinion..;)

Jenni said...

Ha!! I think it's just awesome that you wrote the date on the box!

Kellie said...

What a fun milestone! Get some more quickly so you won't find yourself in a toothpick emergency!

Scarlett said...

how funny is this post? Oh man, i can't believe you actually wrote the date on this box, how funny.