Today I accomplished something that I have been meaning to do for over a year. I have officially completed an official Aqua Certification. I have been to many a course, I was certified to teach for the YMCA, but never an official Aquatic Certification. This is something that I have wanted to do for at least 7 years. I have done water exercise since I was in high school, but it wasn't until my water aerobics teacher (Marcy) in Des Moines, IA. That I really really began to want it. Marcy was so fun to work with, she was a fabulous instructor, and secretly I really really really want to go back to Des Moines just to see if and when she is teaching, so I could take one last taste of her class. When I left Des Moines I felt like i had missed my opportunity. Then I found Robin Rodregez, and she gave me the confidence boost that I needed. She trained me, and told me I could do it. In fact, before I even ever applied for the job officially, she pulled me out of the water one day and told the class that I was going to teach, and I took over right then. It was very scary, but she sure "pushed me right into the deep end" (so to say). From then on it was a breeze. My first class was a group of little arthritic ladies who were wonderful to me. They loved when I got a new suit, they learned about my family, my children and all about me. (Arthritis classes don't move too quickly) They loved my silly little games that I made them play to get exercise in their joints and we loved to tease our life guard, and do the hokey pokey for him. I did a lot of subsitute teaching so that I could get used to teaching regular water aerobics classes. I have such a love for water fitness. I really like deep water aerobics, but Life Time Fitness doesn't have a deep end. (if they did, I would be begging to teach it.) Anyway, I feel like my journey down the road of Aqua Aerobics Instructing just got a huge shot in the arm. Did I learn anything new? Ummm, moves, no, facts..... a few. But now, I feel like I have a degree so I can get hired when we leave here. Ohhh, I am just so excited. Happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Christie - that is a huge deal. I LOVE when something I've wanted forever works out for me. I bet you're a great teacher :)
Hooray! I am so proud of you for finishing. I bet you are so happy to be done!
You are a fantastic teacher! I have loved taking your classes.
Cool- so do you get a raise?
I think there may be a small one in there.... we'll see.
that's kewl. what all does it entail?? go you! that's exciting..congrats!
Congratulations! One of these days I'll drag my lazy self down to one of your classes so you can whip me into shape!
Yay!! Congrats Christie!! I've heard nothing but wonderful things about your water aerobics class and I'm so happy for you!!:)
This is so exciting, Christie! Good for you for not giving up on a dream.
WELL DONE MATE
Congratulations. This is awesome.
CONGRATS!
Post a Comment