3 am a cry from my door way, "mom, Tori just threw up." Oh I hate that phase. I go in their room to find Tori, frozen in her bed, her beautiful blond curls absolutely covered on vomit. 40 minutes later, we had a clean bed, floor and sheets and girl. What a mess that was. She had no other symptoms, woke up in a fine mood, ate Breakfast and threw it up, and then carried on as though nothing was wrong. Crazy... My kids don't go down very easily when they are sick, which is a little frustrating, as the pay off for tending to a sick child, is that they sit still and snuggle like they were babies again. She is all well now, and holding down food, but her timing yesterday couldn't have been worse. I had an appointment yesterday with INS to get my finger prints done for my new Alien Resident card. I couldn't miss this appointment, as you don't go when you want to, they tell YOU when you're coming. Jeri was kind enough to come and sit with the girls while I went, and Tori was good enough to keep herself quarantined from her dear friend 'talia, so as to not make her friend throw up. The appointment went well, once I found the office. I ran around Baltimore in my 3" heels for 25 minutes looking for the stupid place. (and of course, it was right under my nose) . The funniest part of the meeting was as I was waiting for them to process my papers, a woman came up to me with 3 sheets of paper that has b&w photo copies of some very poor resolution photos. The top two were my Alien Resident card, and my pass port. She came and stood beside where I was sitting, flipped the papers down in front of me, spread the top two off so that you could see the bottom photo peeking out and asked mysteriously "Do you know this man?" I strained and searched my mind as she showed me quickly a horrible photo of my sweet heart at the ripe old age of 19. If I hadn't seen this passport photo myself, I wouldn't have recognized it. "Yes, that is my husband." She snapped the papers back up to her chest and walked away. (LOL) it was so funny. Maybe you had to be there. Anyway, things went well, and they took the worlds worst photo of me, so that I look like a criminal. I hate these pictures!!! I think that on Americas Top model the final decision should be made by who looks good in an immigration style photo.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Happenings
So Good News, that part of this process is done... now we wait for the interview.
Last night I got the wonderful news that after not seeing Grandma for 19 months, my mom has tickets to come in visit in March!!! WE are all so excited. My kids have really been missing her. Well, my kids are playing spa in the living room, so I am going to go in and take up my foot rub. :-) Hopefully that will stop the fighting too. Happy snow day..... ice day.... AGAIN!
Posted by Christie at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yuck -- waking up to throw up. Hope the vomiting ends. How fun to have grandma visit. I'm ready for any relative to come see us.
Reagan has ended the past two evenings with a quick vomit to the couch! oh...the fun of it all. I don't think I'm to the point of killing anything yet....but I would kinda like to YELL at something! :) oh..and i'm weaning Greyson. so...I'm perfectly psycho anyways. Glad you found the immigration thingy. and have a good enough friend to watch a sick friend..that's a true test!
-impressed, thoroughly, by the heels...I'm aspiring to get my "wardrobe" going..and quit lookin like such a schlump!
sick friend=sick kid. oops
What a day it was! Thank you for rescuing me in the evening! You know I didn't want you to have them as long as you did. I am so grateful!!
I didn't hear the story about Brent's photo, that was funny!
That situation with the passport photo is weird. Isn't INS (or whatever they call themselves now) fun? Did they give you a time frame for your next step?
Girlie... I totally feel you on the INS crap!! We fought for 8 years to get Don's permanent resident status. NOT FUN!!
Anyway.. what was up with showing you the pic of the hub? That was too funny?
Sorry about the throwing up... we went thru that several weeks ago.. Luckiy it was just Aiden and Rach.
And Rock On Girlie... Running in heels... we moms truly can do it all!! Who knew!!
Post a Comment