
To bring up my spirits I bought myself this bouquet of beautiful flowers, and took 154 photos of them today. Thought I would post one of the pictures to help brighten other peoples day too. I am very excited to get into these pictures and see what I have, but not tonight.... it's already too late. We went out to VA tonight to have dinner with some old friends. Brent has known them since they (the couple) were high school sweet hearts. I've known them for 13 years too. We've watched our families grow and change, they went through med school and law school and have had 2 kids in that time. They are quite an amazing little family and we are so glad to have them as friends. They live in Utah now, but were in VA on a business trip, so we drove out there to visit with them for a short time. We had dinner, all 10 of us, 6 kids! and it was actually delightful. The children all behaved fabulously and we praised them up and down for this. What a wonderful end to a crazy day full of Dr's, needles, blood draws, and drilling. Bleck!
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Much Better
Posted by Christie at 12:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am amazed that they brought their kids out for a business trip!! Nice that you could get together. What restaurant did you go to that kept all the children happy?
That is a beautiful picture Christie!! So glad you had a nice family night out with friends - I'm always so happy when things like that go smoothly!!
So glad you got some sun to take some pictures. I've never bought myself flowers -- maybe I'll do that if Prince Charming doesn't bring me any on Valentine's Day. How nice to have kids behave at a restaurant.
Hmmm . . .I think I'll buy myself some flowers too. I'll tell Jake they're for taking pictures.
Fun times-Old friends are the best ones-it is so much fun to compare notes and still have so much in common. Thanks for the lovely photo. It certainly did give me a smile. I bought flowers today for the exact same reason.
Post a Comment