Friday, February 22, 2008

SPA

Today Liza decided to set up a "spa" in the living room.  She did a massage for Tori and then a fight broke out weather or not Alex was a 'member' .  Alex decided to branch off and start his own spa in his room.  I payed a visit "chez Liza" and requested a foot massage.  Relined back in my lazy boy my feet were smothered in cheep Libby Lu lotion  by Liza and Katie, while listening to Kenny Loggins.  The room was darkened, lit only by a book light and a pink lamp (you can see in the corner.)  After my services I was compelled to purchase a product off the store (on the piano bench).  I then took my business upstairs to "chez Alex"  to have my hands massaged.  The services were provided by Alex and Tori, each taking a turn with each hand.  Since Alex doesn't own any lotion, he used some sparkle roller of Tori's.  (not the best massage agent btw).  While being worked over in Alex's room, Liza drew up a perfectly HOT bath for me.  I got to soak with an attachment on the tub that made it like a hot tub, and was set up with the lovely sounds of Shania Twain while I soaked.    It was a nice break.  When I came out, Liza was cooking Mac & Cheese, and she fed the kids while I got dressed.  SO spoiled.  She also offered to set me up with a nap while Katie has hers, but seeing as how I totally slept in this morning, I didn't take it.  

Liza is such a fun girl.  She has some interesting ideas, usually they are this elaborate or more so.  Her ideas usually start out fine, and land her in trouble as she expands on them, but I try not to get on her too hard.  I had to keep a record of a day of mommy pampering.  All I needed was a few bon bon's and a good magazine.  :-)  So Spoiled!

9 comments:

Jeri said...

What a wonderful way to spend a day of canceled school....make your kids pamper you!

So fun!

tracey said...

Label this entry "Why I love my kids" so you can go back and read them on the days they drive you nuts!
Yeah for snow days!

Tricia said...

I would love it if my kids tried to spoil me, usually all I get is can I have this peson over or that or the new one in our house is Can I Play on the D.S. or Cube Who ever invented these was not a mother who needs to be pampeed by her children.You Are Very lucky I am a bit jealous, but maybe my day will come.....

Anonymous said...

You are a super fun mom! I'll have to play spa with my girls. They would love it. We have plenty of lotions and makeup to pull it off. (P.S. You did great at the talent show. So pretty!)

Kevin McCarthy said...

How many more snow days in February? ;-)

I think Liza's going to be very successful running her own company when she grows up. Seems like most of her ideas center around some kind of business venture.

kristin said...

wow. that sounds lovely. the thought would never occur to Brooks. ever. and since reagan is a Brooks-follower....I don't see much hope :) cherish them!..I know you do!

Em Wall said...

Wow, suddenly having my kids grow up doesn't sound so bad!

Deb said...

wow! that is so amazing! what a nice thing for your kids to think up - and carry through on!

Cami said...

That sounds way fun! How very creative. We don't do much like that around here--much more boyishy.