Who hates fundraisers, I hate fundraisers, you hate fundraisers, everybody hates fundraisers!!!! My kids came home from school yesterday all rallied up for their prizes from the fundraiser. Sure that they would each gather 175 orders and earn a wii each! I tried to talk them down all night. Telling them that we could go to the $ store and get 90% of that stuff for a buck. I tried having them list 175 people that they would gather orders from... they got to 10 and quit. Thank heavens the school at least tells them that they are not aloud to go door to door. So Liza decided this morning that since she can't go door to door, and all our friends have their own kids to buy from that she would try selling items lemon aid stand style.
It is 25 Degrees F. and if you look closely it is snowing!!!!! It is tuesday and schools are closed today. I guess it is state primary elections (I don't get to vote cuz of my resident status so I don't know for sure) anyway, they told the kids yesterday that they could spend their WHOLE DAY OFF RAISING FUNDS! What a wonderful idea! GRRRRRR.
12 comments:
Too funny! How long did the stand last? Were they bummed. Good for you letting experience crush their spirits instead of you ;-) We did the make a cash donation instead of selling stuff and some people took to it, but I was surprised how many people still did the product sales!! I know my neighbour did the product sales because her kid wanted the stupid dollar store prize and so that's what they did. Crazy!
Fundraisers stink!
Yuck! I am not looking forward to that. I think it is so wrong how they get the kids all worked up like that. All of Jeff's sisters agree that they would so much rather donate money than have their children participate in fundraisers. Good luck!! :)
I remember my mom complaining about them when I was a kids. Now I totally get it. My kids don't do them--unless it's that fabulous coupon book that pays for itself. I just can't stand the whole thing, either!
I hate them too. I just throw those things right in the recycling. I like your idea.
Hear hear! I hate them, and I never encourage my children to do them or even order anything. But I was in a chocolately mood the other day so I helped your kids out. Aren't I nice.
I love that first picture. I am glad Wyatt doesn't care yet! =)
You have to love the dedication to sell everything through lemonade stand. I love kids!!
equally hilarious/frustrating..and awesome. Brooks never cares, luckily..:)
Whoa, they are serious about it!! We just never do any of the fundraisers because Sophie hasn't gotten into it. I can't believe they told the kids they could spend the whole day fund-raising though!! That's just cruel to all the parents!!
Can we get an "AMEN"!?!? I hated them equally as much as a kid. Oh the embarrassment of begging for $$$! I'm afraid you've just reminded me of yet another thing my kids will one day feel deprived of when I tell them we are not participating in them. I'm going to be the meanest mom! But really, between the taxes we pay in Maryland (which in part goes to schools), the taxes we pay in the county (which goes to schools), and the $$$ shelled out at the beginning of the school year for "supplies," why do they need any more money? Money doesn't improve education. Don't get me started...
We never do them. And I have enough trouble eating junk all day, I don't need them bringing home tubs of cookie dough to make my hips bigger.
i second that motion! i don't like fundraisers either. maybe if we all donated $20, the pta could do something besides fundraising....
Post a Comment