Thursday, January 31, 2008

Productive..... almost

So, this morning, I got up at 6:30 with Liza to get her out the door to a tutoring at 7:30.  I knew that a shower wouldn't happen today unless I grabbed it early, so I hopped in the shower and was out and dress nice and early.  You know, when I was in Young Womens, I had a leader who always looked put together, as did her children.  I asked her one day how she did it.  How did she be a mother to her 4 small children and still be so beautiful.  She told me that the key to being a beautiful put together mommy is to get up an hour before your children and take some time for yourself every morning.  At that time, I was sure that I would do this.... then I became a mom and realized how precious sleep is and NEVER EVER took her advise.  This morning, however, I saw, just a peek of what she was talking about.  How peaceful it was to be up and ready before my children got up.  It was wonderful.  I was so productive this morning too.  By 8:40 I was showered, dressed, make up on.  All 4 kids dressed, 2 off to school, lunches made, and had two other children here to play.  My kitchen was cleaned up from Breakfast, and I sat down at my computer and put a screeching halt to my productivity!!!!  But I had a good time reading blogs.  I did take a break to take a few pictures, and had a terribly unsuccessful photo shoot with Katie and Leah.  Oh well.  It was fun none the less.  

10 comments:

kristin said...

my stinky kids start waking up around 5!!!! I REFUSE to wake up any earlier than that :) I'm happy to be clean..and the make-up goes on in the car...on the way to whereever. oh..to be the "put together mom"! :) It DOES feel good to have the random day that seems to "flow"..doesn't it??

Jeri said...

Some well earned computer time I have to say! =) It is the best feeling to be in the shower, and have your kids still asleep! (I think I have only had that feeling once or twice!)

Anonymous said...

There's no way I'm getting up before my kids. Sleep is too precious -- except on Sundays then I'm all about getting the makeup on and hair done. That picture is gorgeous!

Cory said...

I have found that I am a jerky mom if I don't get up before the kids and get myself ready and dressed first. I get up at 6 and the kids get up at 7 so I have to say that your friends advice has worked for me for a long time.
I do love Sat. when I lounge in my pj's for that extra hour or so!

Dawn said...

I don't think i could get up and hour before, besides when i do get up before them I just wake em and then have them up earlier than usual

Jenni said...

Good for you!! I have never tried getting up before the kids - I just love sleeping till the last possible moment, but I can see the benefit of it (even tho I probably still won't ever do it:))!

Amber said...

I used to think I would wake up before the kiddos too but that doesn't happen to much. I am just way to tired. But great job on making it happen!! The pictures of the girls are adorable.

Kellie said...

It does make a difference. As much of a night owl as I am, it does give the day a boost if I get up and just get ready. I guess Flylady has that right. Dressed to shoes!

Cami said...

Yes, I do that now and again, and then sometimes I don't even get up early enough to take a shower before church. There are benefits to each.

Deb said...

i love the IDEA of getting up before my kids, but it's impossible. i'm not a morning person and the little buggers get up at 6:00 or 6:30! there's no way. but thanks for the glimpse of what it might be like to be so organized....