This week, I got to go on a little getaway. Jeri and I headed up to Lancaster on Sunday afternoon to take a couple days away from kiddos. It was heavenly, but much too short. We discussed our options of never returning, but decided to come back anyway.:-)
On Sunday night we drove up to Intercourse where Jeri drove me around so I could take pictures of the Sunset. We also stalked the poor Amish people in carts to get a shot of that without being too bold. It was a very pleasant and peaceful Sunday Evening. We returned to our hotel to chat and watch tons of TV. It was SO relaxing!!!

On Monday morning we woke up when ever we felt like it, and headed down to the "continental breakfast" in the motel. It was dry and yuck, so we didn't do that again on Tuesday. But it held us over for the morning as we hit the first outlet mall. (yes, I said first). Less then a block from our hotel was a VF factory outlet mall. We hit Carters, Children's Place, Pottery Barn, countless shoe stores, and so so much more.

We Broke for lunch at Panera (YUMMY) and poked a little fun at the "Amish Farm" nestled between Target and Panera. LOL! (its a tourist attraction, so silly)
We then returned to the outlets to wrap up that group. At about 4:45 we headed back out to the farm lands to do a little Amish stuff. We went to Kitchen Kettle Village, a cute little place full of shops. As we got there everyone was locking their doors. Apparently Amish country shuts down at 5 pm in the winter. So we ate in a little down home kitchen buffet in Intercourse, it was very down home cookin'. We went back to the 2nd outlet mall to hit a few things before they closed. Bath and Body works, Motherhood (for Jeri) and Gap.
When they kicked us out of the outlets we headed to the Theater where we indulged in very large drinks and a chick flick! We saw 27 dresses. It was cute. It made me laugh, I don't know that I would buy it on DVD though. Maybe in a few years when it is cheap. We had some good laughs over some one liners in there too as we drove back to the motel. When we got back we filled the tub with hot bubbly water and soaked our poor tired feet as we listened to Enya and giggled some more. Then we curled up in our super super soft blankets from Bath and Body Works and went to sleep, for a second night of uninterrupted rest. MMMM

Tuesday Morning we got up and headed for Sonic for Breakfast. Yummy!! Especially the drinks. HE HE. We went to Kettle Kitchen Village for the morning where we got to see some Amish Quilts and watch little Amish Ladies can beets. It was really neat. We tried tons and tons of yummy jams, jellies and salsas that were made right there by the Amish women. There were signs all over that said "No Pictures Please." So sorry, I've got nothing. We tried to go on a tour, or see a movie or something, but the visitors center was closed for winter hours too.
So we headed back to Lancaster for more Shopping. Lunch at Wendy's, and a pit stop at Pottery Barn Kids, and this amazing place where every article of clothing in the store was $8.98! I found a few cute things. We went to a whole bunch of shoe stores until I finally settled on another pair of boots!

We went in so many really good stores and hit some really good deals. But none as good as the deals at our last stop. At about 5 pm we grabbed our last Cherry Lime-aid and headed for York where we planned to spend the next 2-3 hours in THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP! Oh yeah, so much fun!! Such good deals. We took our time, looked at almost ever corner of the shop and both spent over $100! But we got some really cute cute cute stuff. And some of it was even functional. :-)
LOADED!!!! LOL!! THIS DOESN'T EVEN DO IT JUSTICE!

We took our tired, hungry, achy bodies over to the Chilies right there, and were delighted by the huge menu that is offered at a full scale chillies. (We only have a Chilies too here) We pigged out and then got in the car and headed home, chatting the whole way. It was SO much fun. As we approached home we kept driving slower and slower, the closer we got. I begged Jeri not to take me home, but she did it anyway! :-(
We took our tired, hungry, achy bodies over to the Chilies right there, and were delighted by the huge menu that is offered at a full scale chillies. (We only have a Chilies too here) We pigged out and then got in the car and headed home, chatting the whole way. It was SO much fun. As we approached home we kept driving slower and slower, the closer we got. I begged Jeri not to take me home, but she did it anyway! :-(
My kids and my puppy missed me tons. I think even Brent missed me a little. It was a great trip, so so so much fun. But now that I've done all that shopping, I need a massage. :-) LOL!!!
12 comments:
ok...so...who do you get to watch your kids??? I'm soo insanely jealous!!! And what's with "INTERCOURSE??" you can really name something that??? how very troubling! oh..there's Greyson...gotta go! (again, with the jealousy thing)
LOL!
What a trip. The first day back was so hard! I am glad we were able to escape for a little while.
Next time we'll have to......
What a fun few days! I can't even imagine how much money you spent! I can't wait to do the Amish trip. We've never done it. It looks so fun, I never knew there was so much shopping involved! I'm glad you decided to come back.
That sounds like such a blast!! And the pictures you took are just beautiful!! So glad you guys had a great get-away!!:)
Sounds like a good time!! I SO miss Christmas Tree Shop.
One of these days I'm going to go to Christmas Tree Shop with you!
Sounds like such a fun time! If only I could have joined you. When's Brent's next week off? :)
BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love the one with the horse and cart! You are getting soo good!
I'm sooo glad you got a chance to do this. You totally needed it. I don't know how happy your wallet or bills coming up will be, but it sounds like a fabulous time. I think there needs to be a rule that all of us need to do that at least once a year. Good for you for taking the innitiative!
Those pictures are beautiful! How fun! I want to see all of your cool new stuff!
I love Intercourse, oooh errr?
we spent alot of time there, i fell in love with the Amish, what a way of life
Man, what fun. I'm glad you got away for a little. It definitely recharges your batteries.
Oh my goodness, how fun is this!? I am so jealous. I am glad you two had a great time. I do so love a little jaunt to Lancaster.
That is so fun. Way to go!
Post a Comment