Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B Hinckley

I felt the need to write a little tribute (for lack of a better word) to a wonderful man.  I am so thankful for the life and service of President Hinckley.  He was such a shining example of how to emulate the Savior in these Latter days.  He loved and cared for all, he was so wonderful at dealing with the media, and always carried the spirit even when others tried to confront him.  He built temples, and temples and more temples.  I am amazed by the leadership that he provided and the example that he was.  I am sad that he has passed on to the other side where I can no longer see his cute little smile and twinkle in his eye.  However,  I picture him running into the arms of his sweet Marjorie with tears of joy streaming down their faces and I know that all is well.  She is likely showing him the ropes right now, I sure hope that Shirley has had a chance to see them an chat for a moment, I know that they will gather together at the feet of the Savior and know that all is right and good.  To a wonderful wonderful man......  Thank you!   

5 comments:

Deb said...

thanks, christie. i feel the same. he'll be missed for sure.

Anonymous said...

Sweet post. I know his reunion with loved ones was a happy one. Alec blessed our new prophet to have fun in his new calling. It was a very sweet prayer.

Amber said...

I feel the same too! Thanks for putting so many feelings into words. He will be missed but now he will be with his sweetheart!

Jenni said...

I watched a biography on Pres. Hinckley last night and was struck by the knowledge that he is now with his sweet wife too, continuing his great work on the other side. We were so blessed to have him for a prophet.

Brenda said...

That was so sweet. Well said!