Yesterday I spent over an hour chasing this little turd around the community! As the girls and I were headed out the door yesterday morning he snuck past Tori playing with the door and bolted out into the free world. Upon the advise of my dear friend with the most obedient dog in the whole world I did not chase him. I stood and demanded that he return to the house. He chuckled in his little doggie way and skittered across the street. Of course I am not going to demand that he cross the street again, and put himself in danger, so I cross with him. I continue to tell him to come, and he continues to ignore me. As he wanders up the street and into the court I followed as to make sure he didn't get too lost as I continued to call his name. Eventually though, I made a few reaches for him, which he quickly dodged. At which point, this became a wonderful little game for Chinook. OH I WAS SO MAD!!! I chased him, and almost got him a couple times, but after 40 minutes of him running away and mocking me, and making me 1/2 hour late for our play date, I called Jeri, who was headed out the door. She swung by my house, pulled up by Chinook and I in a neighbors yard, and called him "Hello Chinook, come here!" So excited to see a friend, Chinook ran straight into her arms. (He had to pass me to get to her and when he did, he was sure to run a little further away, and keep his eye on me as he ran past!) Little Turd didn't know that we were in cahoots! LOL!! GOT HIM!
Friday, January 25, 2008
SLAMMER TIME!
When we got back in the house, I spanked his bum and told him he was a "bad dog" and put him in his crate!
After putting the kids to bed, I went outside to put out the recycling, I was sure not to let Chinook out with me, as I was planning to open the gate in the yard in order to walk out with the boxes. I took one box to the curb, picked up the newspaper from the drive way and threw it in the house when I came up to grab the other box of recycling. Before I knew it, he snuck out of the sliding door and was out of the yard again!!!
This time upon the advice of my big sister, I decided to take the less threatening approach and just crouch down and call him sweetly, still not chasing him. This did not work. After 20 minutes I called my neighbor, who's yard we were in, and asked her to put her dog out on his lead so that Chinook would come to say hello to their dog and I could nab him! It took a few minuets, cuz Chinook was on to me again, and was saying "Hi" to Cooper in such a way that I STILL couldn't reach him. After I caught him, I didn't say a mean word. I didn't spank him, I didn't yell. I just visited with Heather for a minute and then came back in the house. I set him down on the kitchen floor and he skittered into his crate so quick. HE KNEW HE WAS BEING BAD!!!!! I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO GET MAD. OOOOHHH What a brat! So to quote my Cousins Husband; "Poor Puppy, his few moments of freedom cost him some hard time in the slammer!"
Posted by Christie at 10:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can I laugh? =)
I really hope this doesn't become a habit! Naughty boy, he is lucky he is so cute.
Puppies! They are naughty. We have had a few escapes also.
oh! just when I was feeling the guilt of not having a dog for my kids! (we have a betta fish and some sea monkeys!) I don't have the patience for a dog right now I can see that! :) You're a good dog mom!!
Wow. I'm really behind. What adventures you are having!
Post a Comment