So tonight I wanted to write a little tribute to all the service men and women out there serving in our military. Often times when Brent comes home and tells me about a patient that they lost that day, my first thought is, oh that poor family. Once he came home and told me that this criminal had died. And you know, I thought to myself, he still had a mom, no matter what a stinker he was. And today, she is very sad. On that note, all those men and women out there are fathers, mothers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, grandchildren and so forth. Every single one of those people have loved ones who miss them and fear for their lives every day! Most times their families don't even know their exact location, and any upset over there on the news gets their stomachs in knots! In 2001 our dear friend Matt went to Iraq, he left behind his loving wife and 3 little girls. He was gone for over a year, and those wee ones changed so much in his absence. The family is together now, and recovered, but it is so much more then just going away. These men come home with memories that NO ONE should ever have. Their spirits are weak, and they're broken. Their wives are tired and lonesome, and the man that returns is different then the man that left. These people really do give ALL. The time spent over in Iraq is not the end of the trials. I wanted to say Thank You in my own little private way to those who serve this country, and their families that support them. Thank you Sutton Family, and Good Luck Thomas, you'll be missed. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You did a fabulous job, Christie. I know you were so nervous, but it doesn't show in these images. Congratulations to you!! These will be absolute treasures for this family! Thomas looks so happy in the pictures, and what better way to "see" your father while he is away.
Now, about the service men and women. My heart goes out to them too. It is an amazing sacrifice. Makes me weepy to think about it.
This is the greatest untold story of the service men and women. The families that suffer are soon forgotten by the rest of the country. It is not right.
The pictures are really great. You did a fantastic job. I am sure they will treasure them.
True true. Thomas was a great home teacher, and I was lucky enough to know many of his brothers and sisters growing up. I'll be thinking of all of them while he is gone.
What a neat tribute...too easy to forget what a sacrafice they...and their families make while they serve our country. We're blessed.
Christie, your pictures are beautiful! Thank you for the message, it is very tender. Matt has been home now for over 3 years. We appreciate your comments, and also appreciate everyone who is willing to stand up for values and lend support to those who need it! Thank you Suttons!!
I also wanted to express a couple of feelings after settling back in after a separation, if that's okay? :) It can be true that separation and hard war experiences can have the affect of leaving a family and soldier in a weakened state. The efforts and sacrifice involved just take it out of you! However, even though in some ways we might feel weakened (temporarily I would add) :) the simple truth is when we sacrifice, and we reach out to help others, we will end up having seeds planted for depth of character, faith and hope that need experiences to bring them into our lives. Nurturing the seeds simply takes hanging in there and continuing to love. Both drawing on love, and learning how to extend it. I am always amazed at the healing power of love (for me, praying always makes me feel loving feelings more easily). I appreciate the love that you and Brent have always offered us, you are awesome!! Hang in there!!
I'm glad your shoot went well! The pictures look great. I think having someone you're close to leave for a war really brings home the fact that SO MANY PEOPLE are loving and supporting and missing soldiers. The sacrifices that they and their families are making cannot be overstated. When my niece walked for the first time while my brother in law was (and is) still in Iraq, it made my heart SO SAD. But like your friend Lara said, it seems like there are always those around you that want to serve and help to make the seperation easier. I suppose looking for that good and finding ways of helping others is the way to go.
Post a Comment