Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lizas 9th Birthday



Liza had her 9th birthday party last night. We had originally planned to take 4 friends to "Bratz" movie and then have them sleep over. Well, when they posted the Friday night movie schedule we discovered that the movie after only 2 weeks of being in the theater was out already! (I can't imagine why) Anywho, so we had to quickly come up with an alternate plan that would make my sulky girl happy. She had made up all these little plans in her mind and they all went swishing down the tubes when we got that movie schedule. She actually dealt quite well with the news, and she turned out to have a wonderful party. We extended some extra invites because I could afford more friends at home. We made pizzas and watched a new Bratz movie. Then we made necklaces and bracelets. We then gathered back around the TV for High School Musical 2!!! The Girls were SO excited, they counted down with the TV and everything. It was so cute. They loved the movie and we stopped it in the middle and built up banana splits and cake! YUMMY YUMMY. We finished up High school Musical, and then started getting ready for the big photo shoot. I painted nails (fingers and toes) then did hair, and finally a touch of make up (some more then others) and then they dressed up like crazy people and I shot away. Doing the best with what I had to work with as far as set and lighting were. The girls just ate it up, the posed and posed like mad. I saw sides of these girls that I never knew they had. (eps. Seriah Brown!) I love it too. They loved looking at the pictures of themselves and each other. By the time we were done with this, it was 1:30am. I set them up with their last movie (aka, fall asleep noise) and went up stairs to read till I felt like most were asleep and trouble was not brewing (aka, either Liza or Maia were asleep so that the pair wouldn't stay up all night!) By 3am most were down and I went to sleep. Oh did I mention that I was reading Twilight (I was sucked in by all the raving... like poor Brent needed someone for me to compare him to :-) ) Anyway, all in all they had a good time. In the morning we had breakfast (cinnamon rolls) and then headed to the primary activity. Which was awesome! They had a blast, I can't even believe that I have a 9 year old? CRAZY!

8 comments:

Jann said...

What a fun birthday mom you are. Happy Birthday Liza. I loved the pictures.

Mendy said...

Maia sure had a great time. I still say that you are a great mom to "middlers"--doing the photo shoot thing and such.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! You are such a hip mom! But I'm soooo excited you're reading Twilight!! Yes, you will be comparing your hubby to Edward. I still do it to Chris. It's a nice fantasy though....enjoy!

Jenni said...

Happy bday to Liza!! What a fun party!! And oh, isn't Edward dreamy!! :)

Tricia said...

You have such great ideas for birthdays, I can't wait for Alina to get older so we can do just girl parties. You are super mom to stay up all night with them.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday Liza, hey wait till she's 14 ??????

Jeri said...

Happy late Birthday Liza!

I should buy something from her home store for her present!!! =)

Love the pics....so sassy!

kristin said...

You guys are going to be known as the "fun house...with the cool mom!" Looks like tons of fun...I almost wish I coulda been there...almost...I like to go to bed at 9!