I wanted to record a normal type Saturday in this point in our lives. Liza got up this morning first and dressed, got herself breakfast and watched some sat morning cartoons. (I remember when that used to be prime cartoon time.... now anytime is prime cartoon time) Tori was up next and I was pulled from my cozy bed this morning, not because she needed help, but for the 3rd morning in a row because Ants have found yet ANOTHER way into my kitchen. I swear, they stay up all night planning their attack and sending out little scout ants to find a crevice that I missed when I sprayed for them. GRRRRR. So I took care of this mornings lot of ants and helped Tori with her Breakfast. Then I went upstairs and kicked Brent out of bed so that he could make it to his 8:30 spin class at the gym. I then fed and got the kids all ready and headed to the gym at 8:45. I taught the 9:15 water aerobics class. I had record breaking numbers (my personal record anyway) I had 36 members in class this morning! It was crazy full. I had folks in the lap lane behind the class. Super fun though to see that many people interested in water fitness. Anyway, after class, I chatted with the people for a min or two, and one of the "regulars" had been out to Lariland farms, picking peaches, and she brought me 1/2 dozen. :-) What a sweety. I accepted graciously, as I LOVE PEACHES! After having a shower and quickly cleaning up, I went to go get Brent and the kids. We headed home for our weekly jobs. The kids cleaned their rooms, and bathrooms. They are getting pretty good at doing their jobs. There is always one of them that is dragging their feet. Usually it is Liza, but today was Alex. His room is NEVER messy, so it was weird to have him take very long. Liza zipped right through her stuff, and did an outstanding job today. I was very proud of her. Tori complained a little, but not too bad. Katie had a nice nap. Then we got turned around and headed over to the Obrings for a farewell to Thomas Sutton. It makes me so sad that he is going, and quite frankly puts the fear in me. I am rather worried about our turn. I think that I can handle Brent being gone for that long, but the danger, and possibility of Brent not returning to me, that is what eats me up. Anyway, I guess you have to trust in the Lord, and hope that your way is His way. We got to the Obrings at 3:45, thinking that the open house was from 2-4. No, it was from 4-6, so we weren't 1 hour and 45 mins late, we were 15 min early! :-) While there Brent was feeding a cookie to Katie, just little pieces one at a time. Luke (Sutton's baby) saw this sharing taking place and came over to see if he could get in on it. Brent said to him "Oh, did you see that I was sharing?" Katie, who was standing near by, whipped her head around and said in her sternest voice, "NO,NO, NO!" We all had a good laugh at that one. We had a nice visit with the Suttons. The have asked me to photograph their family before Thomas leaves, and I am quite nervous as I want to make sure that they have the memories that they want to keep. I think that I am planning in my little mind a much more elaborate situation then they are. Thats okey. Anyway, we went straight from the party, back to the gym where we took the kids swimming. I have wanted to take Brent with us for quite a while. Alex had really progressed this summer in the "Swimming" department. He has gone from sputtering and wiping his eyes if he got splashed, with no chance of him putting his head under the water. To being the swimming, diving, water sliding MAN! I can't believe the difference, and I had to show Brent. I got to go on the water slides today, so that was fun, I enjoyed doing that with the kids since I had an extra pair of hands to take Katie so I could slide. They enjoyed playing games with Daddy in the water. It was the perfect night for swimming. It was so warm, but not blazing. The blazing sun warmed the pool all day, so we got a warm pool and warm air. It was great, we also saw both Walburgers and the Terrys. We didn't leave the pool until after 7, and by the time we all showered and dressed it was 7:45. (we did showers for Sunday at the pool) So we were all hungry and upon the kids request we hit Mc Donald's on the way home. (I remember when I was little that going to Mc D's was such a huge huge treat. So sad that they hardly even appreciate it.) The kids all at one point or another tonight said Thank you for taking us to the pool, and thank you for taking us to Mc Donald's. So I guess they appreciate it, it just isn't as special of an experience as it used to be for me. Anyway, we got the kids down by 9. Not too bad I say. The house is clean, (not decluttered) but clean enough, and kids are tucked in. Now I am going to go and make Brent watch a movie with me or something. :-) Oh yeah, and I had planned this surprise date for Brent and I, I bought tickets to go and see our favorite comedian Brian Regan, and told Brent to make sure that he had the night off. Then last night we were watching comedy central and there was a commercial for Brian, and they said coming to Baltimore Sept 7th. Brent whipped his head around and looked at me with a big grin!!! Oh well, he figured it out, at least we can be excited about it together now. :-) http://www.brianregan.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Wow, you had a busy day.
Congrats on your big water aerobic class! I would have come, but I was too busy SLEEPING! =)
Busy! Good luck with your photo shoot :)
Where and how long is Thomas off for?
Brian Regan is coming to town??? Sweetness!!! We LOVE him! He is sooo funny! I'll have to run that by Jared but $10 says he'll want to go too! Thanks for the heads up!
Wow, busy times. I love the protestation of sharing. My kids only think McDonalds is special if they buy it with their points!
I miss water aerobicsing with you! What fun! That's cool you're teaching the classes now! Awesome! go you!! Four and a half more weeks til I can exercise....I'm actually REALLY looking forward to it!
I love hearing about your Saturdays. I learn from you every time. This time I've learned I need to be more consistent with Saturday chores, I always let funstuff get in our way which isn't giving my kids the right message. Work first, than fun, okay I got it this time! It sounded like a very nice Saturday!
What a perfect busy family Saturday. How fun.
I love that your "normal type of Saturday" is a crazy scramble from A to Z and back. That is typical, isn't it?
Post a Comment