Friday, August 10, 2007

Goodness Snakes!!


Last night at about 6:40pm Tori and I were headed out to the store. We stepped out the front door, and Tori said "look Mom, a snake." I thought, umhum... Then I thought I would humor her and said, "where?" She pointed down at the step where the step meets the house. And there slithering along was this HUGE snake. I have never seen a REAL snake in the wild. Nothing of this size anyway. We couldn't see his head as it was already in the hole, which is under my steps. and his body ran up the steps and across my whole length of my door. (YUCK!!!) I yelled "Brent, get out here!! " He came and I just freaked out. I just started to say how yucky he was in every way I could think of. I really really really don't like snakes! We ran the hose in his hole and he didn't come out, we ran it under the step, still no sign. We don't know if he liked the water, or if we killed him ( not likely). I tell you though, I am sure keeping an eye out for him, every where I go. Even in the basement I am scared. Yuck, I hate not knowing where he is. Anyway, that is our latest news, I looked on the Internet and i think that he is a Northern Black Racer, but I'm no snake expert. One think I know for sure, he is gross!

8 comments:

Jeri said...

Yuck! Your life will not be the same until you catch him. I hope that is soon.

I forgot to tell you our snake encounter. A long mystery snake slithered right up against our sliding glass door. We all sat and watched him, with our noses press up against the glass. Then Lincoln caught him, put him in a bag, and took him to a wooded area.

kristin said...

Oh wow! I would FREAK!! I hope you find him soon (and DEAD at that!) Wow..I'm feeling for you, big time...that would make me cry or puke, for sure. Snakes shouldn't be allowed.

Jann said...

I would have died, right there. How horrible. I hope he was just passing through and you scared him off.

Dawn said...

there must be something in the air. Fienna just missed standing on a snake yesterday

Mendy said...

I had one with me in my backyard one day. I've also found a long skin under my front steps. Oh--and we had one in our zucchini one year; I almost picked it! The good news is...apparently they are harmless and keep the mice away.

Tricia said...

If Greg was there he would have a home all ready for him he is my reptile lover, actually he loves all animals creatures and crawling things. Hope you catch him I would be scared to go out side.

Cami said...

Yes, I've seen those black snakes around! Scary! At least he wasn't IN your house!!

Julia said...

Oooh, YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCKY YUCK!! Call the exterminator! Or Animal Control!