Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Thinking through it

Today we went to the store to find a birthday present for my niece who is Toris age, and my nephew who is Alexs age. Both of my sisters kids are pretty much into the same stuff as my two, so it is rather easy to find something. It didn't take Tori long to choose a "Beautiful baby." She was so in love with this baby in the store. We bought it and as we did, I kept telling her, this is Abbys birthday present. Trying to be sure that she understands that she isn't getting it for her own. We went to the commissary after we were done at the toys, and we did our shopping. (which was an adventure in itself, taking 4 kids to the grocery store.) For some reason, I have a really hard time taking them all to the grocery store. Any other outing, I don't have a problem with, but the grocery store, I don't like to do with everyone. I really feel like I am scatter brained, and I need to have my head on straight to get my shopping done. But we got our milk and bread for over $100!! (huh? how did that happen???) Anyway, on with the story, so we got home and as I was loading groceries into the fridge, Tori came in and was trying to come up with some way to make it so that she too could play with the new baby. "Mom, are we going to Abbys birthday party." "No Tori, she lives too far away, we will just mail her the present." "Oh, but Abby could come to my house and then she could open the baby and she would share, she is good at sharing mom." "Tori, she really does live too far away, we will mail it, and when we do get to go and visit her, I am sure she will share it." She was appeased, she left the room, all the while, she has the doll in the box, carrying it everywhere. About 3 minuets later, she is back. "mom, how do you move a house?" (my sister just moved to Oregon) "You don't move the actual house, you pack up your things and put them in a truck, and then you buy a new house and put your stuff in it." "Lets pack up our stuff, and put it in Abbys house, then we could live with Abby." I thought it was so funny that she would go to this extreme just to play with Abbys doll. :-) Funny how they think. She cracks me up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on children at the grocery store. It adds like $10 per kid when they go with me. For some reason it's easier to say "no" to toys than food.

Cami said...

What a creative girl! Jefferson thinks when you move you have to leave all your stuff behind.

I'm with you on the $100 for milk and bread!

Jann said...

I never take my kids to the grocery store if I can help it. They always talk me into buying things I hadn't planned on.

Tori is so cute. I think one of my kids would have been crying at one point.

Dawn said...

Hey whats 3000 miles when you want to play???

Drea said...

What a fun story! She is very smart. I can't wait to see her again!