Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Summer Fun

So to survive the summer I try to follow a weekly schedule so that the kids know what is coming up and I don't get "awwww, I wanna go swimming..." They know what days are swim days etc... so today was a play date day. We had Maiya Hunter, and Daniel and Sara Rickle over to play. Everyone got a long quite well. The big girls played "Brats" on the big purple blanket on the deck. When I watch these girls playing, I have the fondest memories of playing barbies with my friends out in the yard. (yes it did warm up enough to play in the yard at times in Canada :-) ) I always think, 'wow, Liza is going to remember this house, these friends and experiences.' It was fun to watch them play. A tent was built and much fun had under the cover of a back yard creation. Since I was feeding a tribe of children, we called up Christina and Eli and Leah to join in the craziness. The kids all ate spaghetti, pickles and apples and loved every Minuit of it. They polished the meal off with one of Brents moms famous choc chip cookies :-) and then played some more. They were up in Liza and Toris room at one point with chairs and they were "doing hair" it was cute, esp Tori doing Elis hair. :-) Here are some photos from Fridays trip back out to Larriland Farms.



We finished up the day at the gym where I reunited with some ladies who I had in my aqua classes when I taught evenings. It was fun to see them. The kids had a ball at the child care and Brent took a spin class. I am so glad that he has been getting back to the gym. I really believe he will feel better and have more energy. Happy Summer, the weather today was PERFECT!!! I wish we could have that all summer long!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a lovely summer day!! I really need to get out to the gym! Thanks for reminding me!! Oh, this does not go along with my need to get to the gym - but could I get that famous chocolate chip cookie recipe?! Yum!! :)

Cami said...

Fun times, and lovely pictures!

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

I LOVE those pictures. I didn't realize that you were such the photographer. Why didn't we go out on photo shoots when I lived around the corner?! I was just talking about Lariland Farms today, I think we'll go soon, I love it there.

Tricia said...

I love the mud puddle picture, it looks great. You inspire me to try new things that maybe I wouldn't have.