Saturday, July 7, 2007

Just Today

I just felt like journaling today, so for those reading it may be boring. Nothing really noteworthy happened today. The kids slept in this morning since they were out late last night at co-op @ the Hansens (thanks for wearing them out guys). I got up at about 8:30, this is a nice sleep in for me. I got ready and headed over to the gym to teach my class at 9:15. It was such a beautiful morning. I absolutely LOVE teaching in the outdoor pool. I was so hyped when I had 28 members in my class, that really gets me excited. The sun just felt so good this morning, and the water was beautiful. I thought it was a pretty good work out and had a few comments on the way out from others, so I got my little ego boost. :-) I chatted with a couple members as I cleaned up and then went over and talked to my neighbor who went to sun herself after class was over. We chatted a bit and then I thought I better work on getting home. After showering and running a few little work related errands I headed home around noon. :-) hummmm, morning off, however I clenched my teeth as I pulled into the drive and realized that now I have to work with the kids to get them to clean their rooms and do their jobs. GRRR, but much to my surprise they were almost done their jobs. We stayed around for the afternoon while Brent went with Linclon to lunch and a movie. While he was gone the kids caught up on their sticker charts and discussed how they were planning to spend their points. (For those who don't know what I am talking about I discovered this little job chart program for the computer and it is FABULOUS!!! You can check it out at www.myrewardboard.com They give you a free 2 week trial. They kids are really liking it, and so am I, my work load has really seemed lighter since we started it, and I see the kids taking a whole lot more initiative to work.) Alex asked me if he had enough points for a "time with mom" coupon and a "get a candy" coupon. I told him yes, but that if he saved his points until payout tomorrow he could get a bigger prize. He decided that he wanted the time with me and the candy. So for the rest of the afternoon I had to hear about how he was ready to go out with me and where was dad???? I thought it was sweet that he chose to go out with me, up until I figured out that I was just his ride to the candy store. He requested that we go to Arundle Mills Mall, he wanted to go to one of those terribly over priced candy stores. So away we went, but when we got to the mall he wanted me to buy this candy paintbrush with the powder sugar to dip in for $2.75!! I've gotten them at the $$ store! No way was I paying that rip off dude that much, and the seeing it at 5 below for $1! So I suggested we go down there and see if they have any. After a detour through the toy store we hit 5 below, he wandered and wandered and wandered through the 2 1/2 tiny rows of candy. Humming and Hawing, then he had to go potty, so back we went. When we came back to the store he hummed and hawed some more and after all the pain and agony he settled on a Hershey Bar! Yup folks a Hershey bar, I drove to a mall that is 20 minuets away from my home and passed likely 400 places that sell Hershey bars. Now this is that part that kills me...... So we buy the bar, and he says "Can we go home?" What a MALE!!! He got what he needed at the mall, so he was done. I (being the typical female) toted him around looking for new Sunday clothes for him for another hour or so before allowing him to go home. (Some one has to teach him how to stay at the mall longer then needful, I don't want his wife to suffer) So on my way home Christina called and asked if I wanted to go to the Buy One Get One free sale at H&M. DO I???? So I ran home tucked kids into bed and then headed to the mall for BOGO mania!!! We had such fun and tried on some items that were way out of our comfort zone and also tried on some cute stuff. I was all stoked cuz I found a pair of Black pants that make me look so tall and skinny!!! Yeah, I love pants like that. I also got a pair of black capri's. Original price on items $70, I paid $20. So of course I am happy. Then we motored over to RITAS (Yumm!) for a Mango/Vanilla Gelati (MMMMMM). I had a full stamp card, (from 2 stamp Tuesdays) and used that. I came home to the house we cleaned up today, and sleeping children. Yeah, and to top it all off, we have Cyrus here to visit (Jeris Whippet) and I get my little doggy fix for a week or so. It was a nice Saturday.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

That sounds like a fun Sat!! I so love the "someone has to teach him how to stay at the mall longer then needful" part!!! You crack me up Christie!! I so wish Adrian's mom would have taught him the same thing!!! :)

Jared - Christina said...

BOGO was really fun! :) I'm glad we went.

Jann said...

What a fun, busy Saturday. How great that you got to shop, and spend time with your son, and a good friend. I love day's like this.

Corinne said...

What a full day. I love that Alex wanted to be with you. I think I'm going to try out your rewards thing when we all get back from North Carolina - we'll see how it goes :)

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Okay so have I missed the BOGO at H&M?? I love that store! I wonder if they have any jeans that would make me look short and skinny? That was so funny about Alex. Sounds like you had a great Saturday, just the clean bedrooms would have been enough for me, although I have to admit I love the RITA's. We live way too close to one now, very dangerous, we try to just keep it for an occasional treat, like two-stamp Tuesdays! ;)

Cami said...

I strated the rewards program too. Jefferson loves it. And Ethan likes the stickers and all, but he just doesn't connect rewards (or punishment) with behavior at all. Ah well, maybe someday.

Tricia said...

I have been lossing weight so I can control my arthritis better, and just went shopping and was able to buy clothes two sizes smaller, so I can now understand finding a deal and loving it. Everyone needs my spence he is a true shopper the best one in my family well maybe not quite. Janelle loves to shop too.

Jeri said...

I love this day!

How could I have missed it??? =(