Brent was on call tonight so I met up with Nicole tonight seeing as how Greg was also on call. We planned to meet at LTF to take the kids to the outdoor pool, wear them out, shower them and then take them out for fast food and take them home to bed. (a great plan to kill the evening). Well we got to the pool and the indoor pool was absolutely packed with people. Some kid had an accident in the outdoor pool and they had to close it. I was a little miffed at the fact that I wouldn't be absorbing the suns rays as I wasted away my evening, but the kids would still get to swim. As I changed Katie into her swim gear I thought of how embarrassing that would be to have your kid be the one that pooped in the pool and ruined all the fun for everyone. The indoor pool was cold so Nicole and I didn't enjoy it so much, but the kids were having a ball. Katie was even enjoying herself scooting around at the zero depth entry. It turned out to be quite fun until........ Yup, you guessed it, Katie pooped in her swim diaper and it was not contained. There were little poop floaters all over the pool. After a moment of debate, Nicole and I determined that we had to tell someone, and that the best plan of action was to sent Nicole ahead to get us some showers before we set the wheels into action. (this by the way is the ONLY perk to having your kid be the party pooper, you get the heads up so that you can grab a shower before the rush of disappointed pool goers) So as the kids all headed for the showers I was speaking with a lifeguard and within a few minuets every ones swim fun was over! It really isn't that embarrassing though cuz no one had any clue that it was my kid that did it. :-) HE HE. We still got to clean them up for bed and take them out to Mc D's. They had a ball playing in the nasty play place and Nicole and I got some good time off for mommies. It turned out to be a fairly nice night, I love it when Greg and Brents call nights line up, it is nice to have someone to play with.
On a totally different note. Katie has been so funny lately, this morning when I was brushing her hair, every time the brush touched her head she would say "OWA". She learned this from the older girls. It is so funny how they pick up on things and over generalize them. She just figured that that is what you are supposed to say when mommy brushes your hair. She doesn't say it when I put in her pony tails, cuz the older girls don't complain about the ponies, just the brushing. :-) Another funny story from today, on the way to the gym Liza was listening to Shania Twain sing "Man, I feel like a woman." on her cd player, And she was singing a long quite loudly, especially the part where she says " uh, uh oh." so Katie started copying her but just saying "UH OH!" (cuz that's a word she already knows.) It was really funny. She is getting to be quite the ham.
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Party Pooper
Posted by Christie at 8:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So funny! Katie is becoming quite a little pooper, she always picks the worst places to do it.
I can think of few smells worse than that chlorine poop smell, and that it somehow gets everywhere! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun though.
Ah, the pool poop. How sad that it happened twice in one day for all those swimmers! Good thinking getting the showers ahead!
OOOHHH that's a funny story...in a sad way :)
Oh no!! Glad you got your showers secured! :) Liked the "Owa" story too - very funny! Sounds like Katie will be quite the talker!
At least you had a plan of action to fall on in this situation. How funny but kids will be kids
Post a Comment