Sunday, July 22, 2007

Food Fun (flash back)

I've just been a blogging maniac lately. Anyway, Every once in a while I do something fun with food and the kids love it. This past week we made Puppy Pancakes. (from Rachel Rae Mag)


A while back for April fools day we had a backwards dinner where we had "cupcakes" for dinner. It was really individual meat loafs (in little metallic cupcake holders) with colored mashed potatoes on top. I wish I could have captured the look on their faces when I called them to dinner and served them cupcakes. That was really fun! I looked all over my picture file, but I couldn't find our pictures of it, so here is a pic off the net so you get the idea.






We have also done the sponge cake grilled cheese sandwiches, and the fruit roll up green beans. (those took WAY too long to make!!) Another fun thing that the kids always look forward to is Green Milk for breakfast on St. Patricks day.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Cute pancakes! I totally want to make those meatloaf cupcakes next year! :)

Cami said...

Fun! What a great mommy to make all that fun food.

Tricia said...

I love it, I just found the Rachel rae magazine myself and love all her ideas. Way to go mom of the year or what.

kristin said...

What's inside the grilled cheese?? how CUTE is that?? my kids would definitely get the hugest kick out of that! I've also heard of setting the entire table on the FLOOR..UNDER the table for April Fool's. Kinda fun. My mom used to always make pancakes for breakfast on April Fool's...and put an onion in one! Kinda mean,huh??? But something we remember. Thanks for sharing the tips! thursday we'll have a baby..I can't wait!
love to you guys,
me

Jeri said...

Fun! I love creative meals!

I forgot about your cupcakes...I will have to do that.