So sometimes the kids fight and it drives me nuts and other times they fight and it is down right hilarious. This morning at the Breakfast table the conversation was about clocks. One of the cereal companies has a promo where if you collect the coins you can get a pirate clock. Alex is determined that he shall have this clock. We have been collecting coins for a few months and we are very close. So everybody is eating their breakfast, all is quiet and Tori says "I'm going to be really mad if any one touches my clock." (Tori doesn't have a clock.) They Liza says "Oh, I'll touch your clock all right Tori, cuz you always touch mine!" Tori "uh uh!" , "Uh huh" argues Liza. "mom, Liza's going to touch my clock!" LOL, Duh, we are fighting over touching a hypothetical clock! How stupid.
I also wanted to record how cute Katie was last night. Because of our late church time Katies naps end up being all screwed up, so she took the HUGE nap after church and didn't wake up till 7 pm. So an hour later when we put the kids to bed she was pretty excited to be saying good night to them. She knew she wasn't going down. She kissed all of them and the funniest was when I put Alex down(alex and Katie share a room), I kissed him, and then Katie kissed him and then she started waving so excitedly at him and saying "Buh buh, buh buh." She was feeling pretty good about the fact that she was not in her crib. Then I took her downstairs and she was the center of attention for about and hour and a half. She loved this. She was playing with us, and then she decided to clean up. She scooted around on her bum and picked up the remote, took it to the bottom drawer of the entertainment system, threw it in, then scooted over and got the phone and scooted to the drawer and threw it in, and continued the process putting everything she could find in the drawer, it was so cute. You have to picture how Katie "crawls" and her scooting with the remote in one hand, up in the air while she drags her butt along the floor. SO FUNNY. She is also about to break out her 2 top teeth, I think they will come in within a day or so of each other, we can see them both and she has stopped eating anything she has to chew, so any day now we should see teeth. She was sure a happy little one last night.
Monday, July 9, 2007
Fighting
Posted by Christie at 12:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a cute story!! Katie is such a sweetheart and I can just picture her scooting around as she helped clean up! Adorable!
The clock story made me laugh too!! :)
Katie is so sweet. How fun to have time to just watch her. I totally get the fighting thing. Some days I want to pull my hair out because I am so frustrated at the things my kids are fighting about. However, with a step back, it can be super funny, and I'd rather laugh than cry. It is amazing to see a child melt down and sob when they are fighting over the dumbest things, and you can tell it just is their little hearts that are breaking over this really dumb thing. Life is never dull with kids around.
What a cutie!! I can't wait to meet her!!
AHHH I LOVE that story about the clock! Especially Liza's comment. What a trip
Oh, the little scooty bum. I loved when Ethan did that. I'm sure she loved all that attention.
My kids fight about those kind of dumb things too. Jeffy's always crying because he says some random thing adn Ethan says "no" even though he doesn't know what he's saying no to. Sheesh!
It's at times like this that I'm reminded that I need to always enjoy the moments our kids give us. I find sometimes I'm on fast forward and I can't slow down. Then when my kids do something or are working hard to collect points or money for something i remember to stop and just reflect on m y life with them a hugh part of it. It seems to help me relax and just let them be kids.
I think Katie has grown up so much over the past two weeks. She's already cleaning....you are good!
Cute story!
Post a Comment