Monday, July 16, 2007

"Artists"



Last week we began a little project that the kids just LOVED! I set them up outside with a tarp, paint and pieces to build a picnic table. IT was fun to hear the conversation between them. Most of it went like this..."we are artists.." "Yes, when we are painting like this, we are really artists." "Oh, I have an idea, we'll make a family one, a piece that all of us paint on." "Yes, those will be the family ones.." "We are artist, right Liza?" "yup, real ones."
It was so cute. We painted one side one day, then the other side the next day, and put it together this afternoon. They are so proud of their table.
They had to eat dinner on it and are planning to have breakfast on it in the morning. It was really quite a fun little project.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

What a cool project!! I love it when the kids (well Sophie and Ben) work together on something nicely! Yay for the Wall kids!! And yay for the Wall mom too!!! :)

Cami said...

Wow! I love that. I totally want to do that sometime. Did you buy the kit somewhere? Are are you guys just handy?

Julia said...

Very cool!

Jeri said...

So fun! What artists! =)

I want to know where you got it too.

Christie said...

The table came from IKEA, last summer, but I am pretty sure they would still have them.

Tricia said...

It looks like it was a hit, and they even get to use it too. great project mom! It's so great to see what going on in your life. I just don't have too many childhood memories with out you in it. I just love you and what you are doing in your family. Our moms really have put us through some trials, which I'm sure has helped mold you into the person you are and what you ispire to become. Thanks for writing and sharing your deep thoughts and insight of what you have learned it helps the rest of us make it through our humps.