Warning this post contains whining............
So I just got home yesterday and found clumpy sour milk in my fridge (thank heavens Christina was thoughtful enough to give us some milk that wasn't clumpy), a pile of recycling out on the deck, and a smell that is inexplicable! Of course there was laundry in my suit cases, and laundry here waiting. The house appeared clean till I actually looked and found most things stashed rather then put away. Brent's new rotation at work has him working from 4 am to 6pm every day, some days he is later then 6! He is on call every 4th night. When he is on call he stays at the hospital and he doesn't sleep at all. Yes that is right, your doctor that you see next time you're in the hospital could be determining a treatment for you after not sleeping for up to32 hours. Doesn't that make you feel safe. And we are suing these poor people, we really should be suing the hospitals for over working them! As of Wed, when he picked me up from the airport he had already worked over 40 hours since Monday! This is insane! Last night I stayed up doing laundry and unpacking, I was up until 3am, as i crawled into bed Brent's alarm went off and he got up and got in the shower. :-( CRAZY!! He is on call tonight, and I woke up to a very cranky Tori which turned swiftly into a very sick Tori, she threw up all over my bedroom floor. I took her into the bath tub and while I was cleaning up puke my 9 year old threw a tweeny temper tantrum over a shirt. This tantrum lasted for the better part of a half hour while Tori threw up again after getting out of the tub. At one point she informed me that she was not going to school until I washed the shirt, then my choices changed and she would only go to school if I would wash the shirt and then bring it to her at school. (Like any of that is going to happen?) What are they thinking when they do this? Do they really believe that they have that much power? LOL it was so ridiculous it didn't even really make me mad. So my plans for the day have foiled, I have backed out on poor Vanessa for the 3rd Friday in a row (big jerk!) and we are home bound till our Utah germs subside. :-( Okay, I am done... I feel better now.
Friday, October 5, 2007
Vent
Posted by Christie at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Geoff's on call tonight, too! he's been there since 6 this morning..and will be home tomorrow hopefully by noon. Oh...the glamorous life of doctors! (and doctor's wives...yesh?? I mean....puke, piles of laundry, and funky smells??) We're almost there, sister! We'll "arrive"??? Nah....just change things we "vent" about! :)
Sorry you've got a puker! Let's hope she doesn't pass it along...that's tough!
My good friend's in labor tonight...at least that's not us, right????;)
Utah germs eh? I wonder how we missed out on those...
Oh man, that is horrible. It is not fun to come home to that. I hope she is better, and it does not spread through the whole house.
Ugh. Yucky sickness. Yes, and I don't understand the overworking doctor business. Can't we just hire a few more? I just don't get it.
Oh, you poor thing. I hope the germs leave soon. It's too early in the season for the puking to start. Don't feel bad about Vanessa. I took care of her. You just get your house in order. Good luck!
Post a Comment