Saturday, October 6, 2007

Crazy

So Brent just got home at 1:30pm after going to work 34 hours ago. He figured out that he has worked 76 hours and slept only 17 hours since Monday morning at 4:00am. There are 129 hours between Monday morning and right now, He was working sleeping or commuting for almost 100 of them. Eating for likely 5-7, so that leaves him with all of 20 or so hours, over a period of 5 days to relax, and see his children, if they were awake and home during those waking hours. He spent the bulk of Wednesday with the two big kids while I was on my way home from Utah, and getting us from the airport and home till the wee hours of the morning. Poor guy, what a crazy schedule, and he wonders why he doesn't have time to play his horn, and serve as well as he would like in a calling. I guess he really does have it harder then I do. (this week anyway. :-) ). The choir is almost done singing, I am going to go finish conference, Hump, not much left. :-( I love conference weekend.

7 comments:

Jann said...

Wow, he must be exhausted. That is crazy. I hope you had a fun time in Utah.

Jenni said...

Why oh why is it that doctors have to have such awful schedules?! I feel so bad that he doesn't have very much family time, let alone time to sleep. That must be so hard on all of you! Best wishes for a better week next week!!

Cami said...

Now, now, no keeping score . . . but he sure does sound busy. Wow! Good luck.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you have to instigate. He's too exhausted! You two need a vacation together -- alone!

Jeri said...

I haven't ever seen Brent look rested. Okay that is exaggerating, but he really looks so tired most of the time.
So sad.

kristin said...

We're feeling it over here, too! You're not alone, sistah! And we supposedly picked an "easy" specialty! sheesh!

Corinne said...

Oh my gosh. How can he be expected to do good work with a schedule like that? Honestly.