Sunday, October 7, 2007

Time To Crack Down.

Thanks Giving Dinner

So I have been flitting around here for about 2 years. Using various excuses such as, grieving, pregnant, postpartum, new baby, over whelmed, depressed, disoriented, and the list goes on. I decided yesterday that today was the day! Today is the day that I crack down, get back on Fly Lady (http://www.flylady.net/) and get my rhythm back. I've been staggering around this messy house, noticing the filthy nooks and crannies for far too long. Then today, I stayed in my Jammies all day, listened to conference, and made Canadian Thanks Giving dinner for my family. (which was quite yummy). When i put the kids to bed I sat and read with Liza for an hour and a half to try to get her caught up to the point where she is suppose to be for book club tomorrow. I really want her to do well in this book club and develop a love of reading. By 10:30, Brent had gone to bed and everyone was down, and I still wasn't any closer to getting organized then I was a week ago! I am going to do this though.


Katie is getting the hang of this walking thing, and is now standing up and walking a few steps on her own while she is just playing around. Today the name of her game was get into everything, so she was all over the kitchen while I was cooking. She at one point had a dish rag and was putting it on her head like a hat and then scooting around the kitchen like she thought she was beautiful! It was so so funny. What a ham, grinning from ear to ear. Then later she was scooting around and climbing under the table dragging behind her the pitcher off of my blender? Weird choice of toys, but okay. Tori today was in the room while Brent and I were listening to conference and since she was the only one in the room to look at, we were both watching her. She looked up at us and said "why are you two scareing at me?", we both used the word stare several times in our answer, but she continued to call it scareing. It was so funny. A few weeks ago Alex threw a stick into Jeri and Linclons tail light on their car and broke it. He was told to stop swinging the sticks around the car, and him hitting the car was an accident, but still, he was told to stop, So I told him that he is going to have to pay for it. He has put every cent that belongs to him in an envelope marked "$ for Miss Jeri" and this weekend, he bummed a buck off Liza promising to give her some of his toys/candy when they got home. SO basically he sold his stuff to Liza so that he had a buck to spend at "5 below". We have talked about having him walk the neighbors dog to earn money, and also walking Tidwells dog, but I just got back in town, we'll have to get moving on that. He is quite concerned about how much the tail light is costing him. (it will likely be close to $300 +) so he is a little stressed about where he is going to come up with that kind of money. He told Jeri when he was staying with her that he wished that he could find a treasure box full of coins and then he would take that treasure and buy a tail light for her car. Today the kids were talking about Christmas, and what things they have on their wish list. Tori of course spoke of babies and cribs, Liza of clothes and Bratz, and Alex said "I know what I want for Christmas.... A tail light." I bet he is the only kid to sit on Santa's knee and ask for a tail light, he said... "I wish I could have a tail light for Christmas, then I could stop trying to save all my money for it." SO funny. What a guy.


After listening to conference today and thinking about priorities, I really need to get mine straight. I feel like blogging is a good thing to do, because it is keeping a journal, and my children would love it. I may need to give up a few tv shows though. :-) Some how, I 've got to sort this all out, so I am off to put the pen to paper and see how things come out in the end.

5 comments:

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Great post Christie! I am so with you on the "ready to get my life organized again" thing. When I was living the flylady I was so much happier and I'm sure my family was too. I too stayed in my jammies watching conference! That is so cute about Alex! If I hadn't moved so darn far away I'd have figured out a way for us to motivate each other. Okay, let's see, on your next blog tell us something you did to get back on flylady (but only if you want to, it't your blog afterall) :-)

kristin said...

I'm starting to wonder if it's even POSSIBLE to keep a clean house with three+ kids. that's all i do is clean house/laundry some days! I think the answer lies in a housekeeper!! ;)

Jeri said...

When are you going to tell Alex he doesn't have to pay for that silly taillight? Why don't you guys plan on watching Cyrus for us over Christmas, he can be the one "in charge" and we'll call it even.

I am glad to see flylady back in the mix, maybe it will rub off on me!

Conference was wonderful wasn't it! There were so many inspiring talks.

Brenda said...

I am also feeling the need to get my life organized. I am finally starting to feel normal again with a new baby. I remember Joni doing flylady and talking about it all the time! It made me laugh, but I think she has some great ideas.

Jenni said...

I keep meaning to really do flylady... Maybe the "keep meaning" part means I really need it!:) Happy Canadian Thanksgiving a little late!!:)