So I got up this morning at 7:30. None of my children were awake, I snuck out to go and teach water aerobics at 8:30. I love to work out, it is one of my absolute favorite things to do, and I love having a job that makes me do it. Sometimes it is hard to be motivated to go, but knowing that a class will be there waiting for you and you will be in big trouble if you don't show, motivates a bit. I Love my job! After my work out where I burned darn near 600 calories, I got to have a nice shower, followed by peacefully doing my hair and make up. I then spoke with Jeri where we plotted our morning out. I picked her up and we headed for the mall. It was about 10:30 when we hit the road. (I got out of making the kids breakfast and by this time they were likely trying to do their jobs)....he he. We got to Arundle Mills and shopped really quick, I got a ton of stuff from Children's place, not one item cost more then $1!! I spent $10. (who hoo, big spender!) We poked through a few stores, looking for a cute outfit to go with my SO cute rubber boots. (BTW, I have no idea how to wear these cute things, and I googled "rubber boots, models, fashion, and so on, trying to get a picture of someone wearing these so cute boots, yeah care full if you ever Google this one..... there was a site that looked totally innocent in the description that is a nice little surprise of "GIRLS" who like to "go wild" with rubber boots. CAREFUL!! YIKES!)
I didn't find anything that I thought was quite what I was looking for. We found a few other good deals, only one that I snatched up, cute socks! I love cute socks, long socks, with boots. :-) Then after shopping for a few hours, we went together to subway to snatch up some food as we raced off to pick up some babysitters. We went and got Gwen and Julie and they were absolutely tickled to be being picked up together, and to find out that they were babysitting just up the street from one and other. We gave them the suggestion that they could go walking together and/or have dinner together. (which they did, and they and the kids seemed to have a blast!) These cute girls got together and made Mac and Cheese, and Cookies for the kids, it was so cute to see how much fun they had.) When I came home with Gwen, the kids were so excited and Katie was in bed for a nap. Brent and I jumped in the car with Jeri and Linclon and we headed out to the Renaissance Festival. We were running a bit late, but we figured we would have plenty of time. Well, we then got caught in crazy Renn Fest Traffic and sat in the car for almost 2 hours! GRRR, not that sitting in the car was bad, cuz really, Jeri was on one and the whole time was SO funny! (laughing while I am writing this...) We had the funniest conversation in the car, very strange, but funny. The Grr is cuz I paid a sitter $10 so that I could sit in the car and talk to the Tidwells, I can do that for free in my living room. :-) Anyway, when we finally got to the festival it was AWESOME!!!! Oh did we have fun. I just love that place, it is such a different feeling in there, and I love to look at the stuff in the shops and people watch. Brent and I both really like the Renaissance era and most anything that comes with it. We like the furniture style and dress.. (we can't however afford costumes, but some day.... mark my words, I will have one of those dresses! It will be the most beautiful one there. :-)) We ate yummy food... Chicken Empanada's, cherry lime aid, funnel cake, fried oreos, and a chocolate dipped banana. Yummy!! I bought a CD of a hammered Dulcimer (my favorite instrument... the music really sings to me, brings tears to my eyes.. I love it! The only instruments that comes close is bagpipes, but they have sound far away, and Brent playing his French Horn.) We had such a ball together. We got home and sweet Gwen had my kids all in PJs and Katie was put down for the night. I hugged the kids goodnight, and headed upstairs to see Katie for the FIRST TIME today!!! I drove Gwen and Julie home and they enjoyed that drive too. ;-) I got home and Tori was asleep, Alex and Katie were close, I read 2 pages of Lizas book with her and sent her up to bed too. It is 10 minuets to 10, I cooked no meals, I cleaned no dishes, I wiped no bums, I cleaned no floors or tables, I didn't feed anyone but myself all day!!!!! WOW! What a day! I had such fun, it is so rare that I get a full day out like that. I feel so energized and ready to go. Oh BTW, totally fell off the wagon, oh well not totally, I have kept up my night routine, but I slacked off on everything else. Maybe I burned myself out with the kitchen. I'll try again next week, but surely not tonight, why would I ruin a perfect day? :-)
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Take The Whole Day Off!!!
Posted by Christie at 9:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
It was a perfect day! Thanks for spending so much of it with me! =)I got home and just wanted to eat something HEALTHY! I was so stuffed with deserts, and all I wanted to eat was some watermelon, or a big salad tonight!
I was funny wasn't I??? Just kidding! I don't know what got in to me. =)
It sounds like you ladies had a great time!!! Here is a blog if you scroll down there is photoshoot of girl in cute rubber boots for an idea???
http://www.karenrussell.typepad.com/
What a day--no bums wiped? How did you pull that one off?! Can you explain to me how I do not miss going to the Renn Fest each year and how I have never even seen cherry lime-aid there? Where is it? You know I have to have it!
Glad you had a fun day!
I'm so jealous I can hardly see! Sounds like an awesome day. Someday....
What a perfectly fun day. So glad you got to do this.
Awesome!! That just sounds like the best day! Next year I think we'll try to go to the Ren Fest without children - sounds like a fun date!! Glad you guys had a great day!
Maybe I need to teach an exercise class, because it's been about 4 months since I've exercised and I'm feeling like a blob. What a fun day for you! It's days like that, that help keep us sane.
I love the RenFest too! I can help you make a dress if you like, I have patterns and cupons for JoAnns! We will make it the prettiest one there! Princess Mary will be so jealous!
You make shopping sound fun Christie. I just need to do it with you sometime. I got out of the habit during the law school years and just never got back into it. I do most shopping on the internet but getting out and finding those bargains is so cool.
Post a Comment