Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fluttering about...

Well, I did it!! Today I started to flutter around a little, trying to fly. Thank you to Rebecca who motivated me today. Somehow knowing that I would report my "TADA" list made it easier to stay on task. I taught water aerobics today and when I came home, I fed the girls and myself and then put Katie to bed. Tori went down stairs to play with her dolls and I started my timer for 45 mins. I emptied the dishwasher, loaded in dirty dishes, started a load of laundry, bleached my sink, cleaned out the utensil drawer and took the garbage can outside for a good hosing off. I then took my 15 min break in which I came down stairs and played two rounds of old maid with Tori. (something that I don't do often enough). After my break, I went back up to the kitchen (which just happens to be what zone we are in. I cleaned the front of my cabinets, and dusted way up on top of stuff, I cleaned on top of the fridge, and then the whole fridge. I took the 5 min challenge from fly lady today and zipped around the kitchen throwing away papers as fast as I could, I cleaned the front of my appliances, the big mirror in the kitchen, the window over the sink, and then the giant sliding glass door (both sides). I took 15 more min to curl up and read a book with Tori, and then headed back in for some more little jobs, like switching over laundry and filling cleaning supplies, till the big kids came home from school. We did homework and then the best treat of all, Brent came home early today!!!! He only worked 10 hours today!! We were so excited to have him home before 5:00 that we snatched up the opportunity to go to CiCi's for dinner and then come home for a fun little FHE on Tithing. I wrapped up my day with reading time with Liza, folding laundry (2 loads) and doing my evening routine which included tidying the house up, sweeping the kitchen floor, and wiping down the bathroom sinks. I also have journal writing and scriptures on my routine, and so this counts for the journal, and I did my scriptures. I am so happy today, I just feel like I maybe, just maybe will get back on top of things. The best part about fly lady when I did it before was that I found time for all the things that I wanted to have time for, like playing with my kids and reading scriptures. I can't wait to keep this up and see my home emerge from this mess that we've been buried under. :-) Happy day!

9 comments:

Jann said...

Wow, I am totally impressed. You got a ton done. It is amazing what we can accomplish with a list. Good job.

Corinne said...

Wow. I love how good you are feeling about all you accomplished. Maybe I honestly need to go check out that fly lady site :)

felicity & nathaniel said...

Very impressive!! I love days where I power through and get lots done. Especially when I reward myself afterward:)

Cami said...

Wow! Great job. I vacuumed the bottom floor of my house yesterday and it about killed me. That was about all I could do. One day I'll fly like you.

Jenni said...

What great accomplishments!! Wow! You did so much!! And you reminded me how important it is to make time to play with the kiddies - that is something I don't do enough!

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

Hooray Christie, you did it! Way to go, you really got a LOT done! Wow you even hosed out the trash can, that is one of those things that I always mean to get to but hardly ever do. Thanks for being such a great inspiration!

Jared - Christina said...

Inspiration, indeed!! :) I read your post and then went and wiped my cabinets & appliances! Glad you are off to a great start!

Jeri said...

Wahoo! Good for you! My day was about the same, except replace all that cleaning with a nap.

I hope to do better tomorrow. My control journal is in the attic somewhere...I think. =)

Deb said...

good for you! it always feels so nice to make progress on your goals and to see your house in better order! i keep hearing about the fly lady. perhaps i'll look her up....