I have spent several hours in the past few days checking into puppy breeds, and breeders. Trying to find a breed that is not only a cute puppy, but also a cute adult. I want something that doesn't shed much, and is rather small. What in heavens name did they do before the Internet? How in the world? Did they just go out and randomly buy a dog???? LOL, it really is funny how much different we are now. I remember that my dog that I got for my 8th birthday was $199, and that was at a pet shop. (heaven for bid, buying a dog from a shop) now a days the pet store puppies are typically over $1000!!! Not going to do that, that is for sure. A part of me thinks, quit thinking about this so much, it's a dog, your train it, and then it behaves the way you want it to. But my mom has this dog that, uhg, I would DIE if we got a dog like that! Anyway, just venting my puppy stress. :-) back to researching. p.s. going to Lancaster, PA on Thursday, any one is welcome to come along!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
http://www.petnet.com.au/selectadog.asp
Have you tired this kind of quiz? We did one (can't find the exact one) and that is how we found out about whippets.
Good luck. =)
Wow. A puppy. You are a better woman than I. Lancaster sounds fun! But my visitors are leaving that day and I'll probably be trying to catch up on my life. :( Have fun though!
A dog? My kids would love you. I tell them when we have a bigger house they can have one. The Parish family love their dog and did a ton of research, but she is hairy. Good luck!
our neighbors have the SWEETEST sheltie! I also love corgies. They have little stubby short legs
Well, I'm partial to poodles, cause I had a sweet sweet poodle when I was younger, but they can be a bit feisty (my angelic Alexis wasn't, but the breed in general). The plus is they are small and don't shed.
I'd love to get a dog, but Sophie's afraid of them and Adrian's a cat person... I guess maybe we'll get a fish someday.:)
You are insane. How can we keep the fact that you are getting a dog from my children? I can hear it now, "Liza's family got to get a pet. Why can't we?" Thanks, Christie!
Seriously, good luck on your search. We always had miniature hot dogs growing up. They don't shed and don't like being walked. We loved them.
wow. you are brave. i only allow stuffed animals in our house.
i don't really know anything about dogs, but a friend has a miniature greyhound that's very cute and doesn't look like it sheds much. good luck!
You could try a Pet Rescue group--I found my beagles on www.petfinder.com. Well, actually, they put me in touch with Good Dog Rescue, and they had them. Petfinder lists all kinds of dogs, and you can do a search for them. They have young ones, and older ones--if you don't really want to deal with a puppy, this might be a good option for you (unless you're planning on breeding, you don't really need a purebred, and they tend to be more high-strung anyway). You will also get a good idea of their temperament and how they behave with children.
Post a Comment