Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Still going....

I am so happy tonight that my house is lookin up. It is far from perfect, but like fly lady says, it didn't get like this in a day, and it will not clean up in a day either. Today I tackled the inside of the cupboards. I did 4 cupboards, 4 drawers and the "super Susan". (I always thought it was a lazy Susan till we looked at this house and the seller called it a super Susan. When he did that I laughed to my self and thought, "ooooh, what a selling point, it is super, rather then lazy!" LOL. Then when we bought the house and all the manuals traded hands, I learned that it is indeed a "Super Susan". What makes her super you ask? The fact that her little spinning shelves are not just suspended on a pole, each shelf rotates on an actual shelf and can therefor hold much more weight, making her SUPER! LOL!!) I de cluttered along the way tossing an apple slicer, a broken can opener a ton of small over stained bibs and wash cloths, plastic containers/water bottles and more! Found... the lid to my blender, YEAH, I was looking for that all over the place, and a 2 cup measuring cup that I just couldn't imagine where it had gone! I was happy to have that back I tell ya. I learned that a magic eraser will take off the black marks that your pots and cookie sheets leave on your cupboards, and pretty much anything that is stuck on your appliances, ie melted bags on the side of toasters, and baked on oil on the side of a crock pot. Give it a whirl you may be surprised, those things are amazing! I also discovered today another little idea for motivating children and it sounds like fun, but I don't know if I am personally game for paying for another program, but I may be able to incorporate her idea. The website is www.housefairy.org Fly lady recommends her, and I read a few things about her from other fly babies and it seems pretty cool. Well, my sinks are clean, my floors are picked up and swept and I am off to finish my nightly routine.

Last thought, I had to share Alex's Spelling homework for tonight. His teacher asked him to write a sentence for each spelling word. She told me that the only word that HAS to be spelled right is the spelling word, so he can do his creative spelling thing, so I thought I would put this one in a book....

1. My sistr slleps in a crib.
2. My dad es crab.
3. I sum tims grab my sistr.
4. I got a trap.
5. I got to go to a trip.
6. I see that.
7. My sistr pict grass.
8. This is good.
9. I acksydetlle hit my sistr.
10. I can win a chrofee.

Hukd on foniks wurkd fore me! I love 9 and 10 accidentally, and trophy. HE HE. Gotta love it.
....... the funniest part, spell check helped me spell accidentally properly! DUH! My poor kids don't stand a chance!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

You got me hooked on Flylady 3 years ago, glad you are back on track.

Jann said...

Awesome with the fly lady. Good job. I loved the spelling homework. Totally made me laugh.

kristin said...

Is it the change of seasons that makes us feel like we need to purge our houses of everything??? I'm feeling it, too. although..I was a little sad you got rid of the apple slicer! I LOVE mine!!..and use it almost daily :) Hope you don't regret that one. :)

Jenni said...

Yay for the continuing flylady success!! I love those sentences!:)

Jared - Christina said...

Glad to hear you found your blender lid! You've been missing that for a while. So, smoothies at your house this week? :)

Becca at Motherhood "perfected" said...

I love Alex's list! Very cute! I'm happy you are still flying way to go! Thanks too for the magic eraser tips!