Where on earth did June go!?!?! Has anyone seen it? I am just so crazy. For starters, I am denyal that we are actually moving in 4 days!!! I honestly don't know where to start. Since my last post the kids have finished School. Liza had a 5th grade promotion.. which she was happy to be a part of.
It was silliness really, but the kids had fun. And it was nice to see her teachers again, one last time.
As soon as they stepped off the bus on Friday afternoon the party started and hasn't seemed to cease since. We kicked the summer off with a sleepover with Victoria and Sophia. Oh how fun!
When Sophia saw that Brent had set up the tent, she wasn't shy about telling him how "Awesome" he was for setting it up for them! They had a ball.
The big girls set up a tent of their own in the living room. Everyone was up all night, which must mean it was fun! Alex went over to Wyatt's but I don't have pictures of that. I am sure they had a ball too.
The Tuesday after school let out Tori chopped off her hair. Well Tori didn't really do it, Kristen did, but she wanted to take it all off and donate it like Liza has done 3 times already. I am so proud of my girls for being so happy to part with their hair for others. (really I think it's because I am not a gentle hair brusher... but what ever it takes eh? )
I LOVE her new hair! It is so cute and so fresh and so EASY!! Oh so easy! I am so proud of you Tori, what a sweet girl you are.
Brent Graduated from Residency. We all went to the dinner, and my 4 hoodlums were the only kids there, so they were the entertainment for the night for many of the guests. Not many people in Brents program have children.
Here he is with a bunch of his fellow graduates. It was a very nice night where he was recognized for his work as a Chief Resident and also as a graduate. During the "roasting" period, he was 'teased' for his ability to grow a mustache. (Brent can grow em with the best of them.)
Then the music started and the kids started to dance. No one else danced... just my kids, and really a lot of people just watched laughed and took pictures of all their moves. No one really dances at these things anyway, so at least we made good use of the DJ. They had a ball. I think it is a night that Liza will always remember.
We've kept very busy trying to squeeze in our "lasts" . Trying to see all our friends and have fun with everyone before we leave. Liza has had her last sleepover with Mia, and a bunch of girls from Activity days (thanks Mendy, I can't tell you how perfect that timing was!) Alex and Tori had their last sleep overs with Natalia and Wyatt. And all in all we are quite sleep deprived around here. Emotions are running high. Alex had a little break down today. SO SO sad that he is moving, and so sure that he will loose his friend forever. :-(
The big girls set up a tent of their own in the living room. Everyone was up all night, which must mean it was fun! Alex went over to Wyatt's but I don't have pictures of that. I am sure they had a ball too.
The Tuesday after school let out Tori chopped off her hair. Well Tori didn't really do it, Kristen did, but she wanted to take it all off and donate it like Liza has done 3 times already. I am so proud of my girls for being so happy to part with their hair for others. (really I think it's because I am not a gentle hair brusher... but what ever it takes eh? )
I LOVE her new hair! It is so cute and so fresh and so EASY!! Oh so easy! I am so proud of you Tori, what a sweet girl you are.
Brent Graduated from Residency. We all went to the dinner, and my 4 hoodlums were the only kids there, so they were the entertainment for the night for many of the guests. Not many people in Brents program have children.
Here he is with a bunch of his fellow graduates. It was a very nice night where he was recognized for his work as a Chief Resident and also as a graduate. During the "roasting" period, he was 'teased' for his ability to grow a mustache. (Brent can grow em with the best of them.)
Then the music started and the kids started to dance. No one else danced... just my kids, and really a lot of people just watched laughed and took pictures of all their moves. No one really dances at these things anyway, so at least we made good use of the DJ. They had a ball. I think it is a night that Liza will always remember.
We've kept very busy trying to squeeze in our "lasts" . Trying to see all our friends and have fun with everyone before we leave. Liza has had her last sleepover with Mia, and a bunch of girls from Activity days (thanks Mendy, I can't tell you how perfect that timing was!) Alex and Tori had their last sleep overs with Natalia and Wyatt. And all in all we are quite sleep deprived around here. Emotions are running high. Alex had a little break down today. SO SO sad that he is moving, and so sure that he will loose his friend forever. :-(Meanwhile I've been doing so last minute photography sessions with some friends and just thought I would pop my fave from each one here at the end.
-2Edit.jpg)
I still need to blog about Harpers Ferry, my new hair cut, my prayers about denial, and I have got to tell about Katies "meow meow secret" . Okay, there is a blog "to do" list for next time.
-2Edit.jpg)
I still need to blog about Harpers Ferry, my new hair cut, my prayers about denial, and I have got to tell about Katies "meow meow secret" . Okay, there is a blog "to do" list for next time.Gotta love summer.
9 comments:
Wow! I can't believe it is here. You are moving! Sounds like you were the entertainment at the graduation dinner. Congratulations on finishing residency, all of you. Life is about to change. So sad and so happy.
Congratulations to Brent! What an accomplishment!
I LOVE her hair! And the dancing is adorable. I love the girls dresses too, very cute.
aww, keenan is one of your favorite picts:) He is a cutie. and he looks so old there. It's a glimps of what he'll be:)You did such a great job:) Many thanks brent for delaying your trip for our session!
Tori your hair looks awesome!
You guys have packed so much into such a little time!
You definently need to post a pict of the "new" hair! I love it:)
Oh my friend. Holy cow. I LOVE the family picture at the dinner table - you can SEE the joy :) What a neat family you are ;)
Oh my, these feelings are still fresh in my heart. I hope you make it through the next few days and weeks. Good luck to you!
Oh dear, I'm sort of about to do all of this again soon . . . I agree, I hate this edge of everything life. I'd like to get it all DONE please!
No! You can't be leaving so soon! What a busy time you've had. That haircut is gorgeous! Both you and your little princess!
Congrats to Brent and you and your whole family!! How wonderful it must be to finish residency!! Best wishes to you during the move and everything. Can't wait to read your "to-do" posts!:)
I love the picture of your whole family! And the blonde locks.....ahhh sigh. She has the most beautiful hair! The new cut is super cute. I can't wait to hear about your cut! Oh, and also the meow secret...it's got my curiousity
Great to see all the pictures. Gee I didn't know that Liza was wearing glasses regularly.
The Picture of the family at the Grad is very nice. The girls look real nice in their matching outfits. I am glad they had fun dancing at the party. Congratulations to Brent on his graduation!! Now "real" work begins - hopefully a bit more liesurely.
Tori looks very nice with her new hair cut. Nice to see she is following Liza's tradition.
Post a Comment