Monday, July 6, 2009

Where to Start?

Wow it has been a crazy time around here. The BIG move!! We are happy to be here and ready to receive our stuff tomorrow. The people here in Tennessee are SO friendly. I jokingly complained to a lady today at TJ maxx (we were buying bedding for the kids) and I said "Man, it's like a crazy treasure hunt trying to get things to match eh?" She said "what's that hunny?" I repeated myself and she began searching for my item.... "would this match?" LOL I wasn't looking for help! Too funny.

Church was good, lots and lots of friendly people. Each child came home having had a good experience. The neighbors have been very kind and full of information and tips. There seems to be something for everyone around here...
Liza has really enjoyed the close proximity of horses. There are about 6-8 horses living on a farm right behind our circle.
Alex has really enjoyed the fireworks for the past few days. Apparently Tennessee has pretty relaxed rules when it comes to shooting fire around.... :-) People are free to shoot off the "big ones" right on the street. So there was quite the show around here, we didn't even have to leave the house. Alex, Liza and Tori all got to hold a giant sparkler and were offered roman candles as though they were cookies. (I said NO to that one!)
Tori met a friend in Primary and is also loving the trampoline that we purchased not 24 hours after arriving here in TN. This trampoline has been a dream.. the energy that is uses up is amazing!
Katie has made great pals with the 2 1/2 yr old girl next door, if only she could get the poor girls name right. She keeps calling her Natalie (now, she does look a lot like Natalie, I'll give her that) but the girls name is Merin.. Humm, not close.
Brent was interested to see if the "private run way" that he saw on the map was actually in use, and this past weekend he has been delighted to find out that it is in deed. So every time we hear a small plane engine, he is running over to see what kind of plane it is today. It IS very fun. We have learned that the owners name is "Chris"and that he is very friendly.

The neighbors across the street who have been here the longest have a 15 yr old daughter named Katie who we are sure to use for babysitting. The wife has also offered to babysit anytime, "but she won't charge".

Well, I have a lot more to write and would love to write about Alex's "terrible horrible no good very bad day." but it is time to start a fire in the pit, and roast up some hot dogs and see if we can't make his day a little better.

All is good here. So far so good.

11 comments:

felicity & nathaniel said...

Hi Brent & Christie,

I'm sorry we missed you guys. I tried to reach Brent via his cell, but I KNOW you were pyscho busy so I didn't expect a call back. I am glad you're lovin' the new digs and wish you all the best! You are good peeps.

--Nathaniel

Cami said...

Oh, it's SO nice to hear that you are having a nice time there. I was such a whiney baby when I moved here. SHEESH! Maybe you are a little more used to it? Probably I'm just a baby. It sounds very dreamy, and I'm going to purchase a trampoline as soon as I set foot in a house I own. They are fantastical.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Sounds like you guys are adjusting well. You have everything you need right around the corner, friends, babysitter, private airport, firworks displays....cool. Can't wait to see pictures.

Barbara said...

I'm so glad that things are going smoothly:) Fun to have horses around the corner! Hope moving goes good today!

couplabz said...

I'm glad things are going well. Aren't people friendly out here in the South? You get used to it eventually.

Still looking for those pictures ;).

Dawn said...

sounds like you're having fun, we'll be oevr there in two weeks, can't wait

Bill Cook said...

Wow... I am very glad to hear that all is going well and you are already meeting new friends and see such positive future potentials. Things to remember on the down days!

Jann said...

I am so glad you are there and somewhat settled. I am glad you have a blog so I can keep in touch with your family.

Jenni said...

So glad you are getting settled and that people are being nice to you! Yay! The trampoline sounds so fun!

Deb said...

so glad the transition is going smoothly thus far! and fireworks! oh, i do miss sparklers on the 4th. so fun!

Kellie said...

I'm glad to finally have a minute to read about things. It all sounds lovely. I'm happy for you. Trampolines are the best! I wore my niece and nephew out on ours today.