Honestly, could they make this more difficult. So we were scheduled to close on the house in MD today. I've never done this... okay so we did a long distance close on the house here in TN, but it seemed to be much easier and straight forward. Last week the Title company sent me a file via email. When we bought this house we saw the papers via email, but the title company sent us the papers with a bunch of those sticky arrows and we signed and notarized where indicated. I kind of thought this closing would go the same, until a later email from "beth" at the Title company who told me otherwise. It was clear that I needed to print these pages up and find a notary here in TN. So I put out an email to the ward to find one here. No one in the ward, but lots of advise. So I figure, we'll find one on Saturday (and have to PAY them!) and then send out the package via Fed Ex to get to to MD for Monday morning. Well, I should have seen this coming, but didn't, not a whole lot of places have a notary in house on a Saturday! Oh dear. After much chasing about, we landed at a place on base. Once everything was notarized she told us that she couldn't get it to MD until Tuesday. Their Sat pick up was already done. Yeah, so who knew that 12 pm is the last Sat. pick up for fed ex at most locations. No sunday service, and it was 4:55pm and we were at least 45 minutes from the next place that had a 5 pm pick up on Sat. Yes, My Friends, Once again, I over estimated the convenience of Fed Ex. Their commercials make me feel like they are at my beck and call, but sadly, now for the second time, I have found that they are not. So the papers will be late. They assured me that all was fine.. that life goes on and that Tuesday would be fine.
Monday, July 20, 2009
Really?
I wake this morning to my cel phone. It's Beth (from Title company) She is letting me know how much I am going to owe at closing. After some chatter and emails. We have an amount. I tell her that I am off to overnight the papers and wire her the money. While I am out I find out that since all our $ is in a bank there in MD. No one will help me. Seriously! I tried a variety of options and no dice. No cashiers checks, no wires. I find out that I have to do a wire through my bank.... but will they do it w/o me standing in front of them? NO! Even tho, I can tell them my social security number, my account number, my mother in laws maiden name, my husbands social security number, my shoe size, his underwear size, his contact prescription and my first pet's name. They wont help me over the phone or the internet! Seriously friends. NOTHING! I have to go to a notary, have them notarize a paper with my transfer request on it. I have to over night the notarized letter to the bank and THEN and only THEN will they begin to do a transfer. The title company isn't too pleased with this, but what can you do??? How have they not encountered this before. If anyone could have seen this coming it should have been them.
The funniest part of this whole day was when I sat down in front of the guy at Western Union, with papers in hand, and he asked me how much I wanted to transfer, and I said $10,000.00, and his eyes bulged out of his head and he leaned forward and whispered to me, "Do you have $10,000.00 in cash on you mam?". I chuckled "No, am I supposed to have cash?" LOL!! Who walks around with that kind of $$. Yeah, I'm going to go to Wal mart with that kind of $$ in my pocket. LOL!! Why oh why won't they just take my personal check?!
Posted by Christie at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good times! Great experiences and knowledge to now share and impart to all within the sound of your voice and the stretch of the internet :D
Ah, but "it is finished"!!
What? This is crazy to me. Why did the wait until the last minute to tell you this stuff? With all these deadlines you think they would tell you the best way to make sure those deadlines are met. I don't know. Crazy stuff.
How many scams has western union been in?!?! I'm surprized he noticed the amount or that you needed official papers! HAHA:) Congrats to just paying for the house you live in!!
Wow Christy. My head is pounding just reading this. I hope everything is all done and taken care of.
I was thinking about you yesterday. It would be nice if they'd just trust your check. Not like they don't know where to find you, right? :) Hopefully by tonight, you can soak in your beautiful tub with the satisfaction that it is all finished!
Ugh. Sounds like a nightmare. Hope it will all be over and done soon!!
Oh Christie! What a nightmare. I hope things got better today. (Wed). Its really dumb how they can't just take a personal check. It is going to be really good to get this all behind you. And in 4 years when you have to do it again you will know what to expect. Good luck!
Sheesh! What a fiasco.
Post a Comment