14 1/2 years ago, my wonderful, dedicated Phys. ed. teacher, Mr. Craven came to my wedding reception. He and probably 13 other people gave us a crock pot. There were many choices, colors, and styles. I kept his... not cuz it was the prettiest, not cuz it was the fanciest.. I picked his because it was from him! Mr Craven means a lot to me... he was, and is a wonderful man. But... it is time to say good bye to the crock pot. After nearly 15 years of service, she still works. Her knob falls off and has been lost. It was melted once, but still works. I don't use my crock ALL the time, but frequently enough to notice that our family has outgrown her 4 quart capacity. She just doesn't hold enough chow for all my hungry mouths. (Don't tell her, but she STINKS at transporting too.) I tried to take some soup somewhere once... not good. And so, farewell old friend and faithful cooking companion. May you go on to serve another cute little family.
WELCOME TO THE FAMILY:
BERTHA (named for not only her older heritage, but her mass capacity.) *sorry if your name is Bertha and you read my blog*
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Farewell Old Friend and Companion
...6 quarts
...low, high, and WARM settings.
...A seal, and snap down lid
...A little spot to slide in your place card that indicates what is inside (great for that chili cook off)
...And even came with a spoon that fits right in the spoon rest on the lid.
Her first day on the job will be Sunday, when she will cook up some pulled pork for our family and our dear friends the Fullwoods who will dine with us from England. :-) We are all excited... including Bertha.
Posted by Christie at 5:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh I have a soft place in my heart for my crockpots so getting rid of broken/out-dated ones is very hard for me too. I still think of my vintage 1970's brown and gold striped one but hey it had to die sometime - it was older than me!:) Your new Bertha looks awesome!! Have fun with the Fullwoods!!
Nice! I still have my original wedding gift crock pot, but you make me want to upgrade!
Sweet!! I, too, am still using my wedding crock pot :) I love your new one and I love that you'll be feeding the Fullwoods! Fun!!
Phew....I thought you were saying goodbye to Mr Craven. Bertha is beautiful! Pretty enough to keep displayed on the counter.
Phew....I thought you were saying goodbye to Mr Craven. Bertha is beautiful! Pretty enough to keep displayed on the counter.
This is so funny! You crack me up! Welcome to the family Bertha!
How are you keeping track of these names!?!?! what is who!?! haha:) It is a good looking crock pot! I like the spoon holder. Nice. :)
You need a baby names book so you can try out some popular and CURRENT names for your appliances. LOL!
I already told you it is beautiful...and I can't wait until you share some new recipes with us.
I should rid myself of my tiny crockpot now that I have a bigger one. Very fun!
Post a Comment