I think it is hitting all of us that this is for real. At first the kids were doing great, the novelty of the new place. New rooms, new beds, new bedding, new roommates, new places to explore, new trampoline.... and on and on, they were having a good time. This past week, the Grumpies have moved in and they brought their friends the Yellies and the Weepies. These unwanted guest are not fitting well into our new house. Now yes, the house is bigger then the one in Maryland, but in Maryland we didn't have all these unwanted house guest most of the time. Tori cried tonight and asked why anyone would want to buy our old house in MD anyway... "it was old" she said through her tears..."who would want to buy it?" I told her that we should be happy that someone bought it, that means that we have the $ to go on vacation. She said," but when I go back to MD they won't let me see it." I told her that they seemed like nice people, maybe they would. She cried harder and said "what if they speak in another accent???? What if they're spanish?" "They're not spanish honey... they're asian." "Oh, what if they don't speak English?" ..... The discussion went on like this... it was pretty funny, and sad at the same time.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Feeling it....
Tori has also had a terrible case of the Crankies... oh they are bad! Such a grump lately. Alex today at church cried that he didn't want to go to class. "I'm just not having ANY fun." he told me. A little boy at church has contracted a terrible case of the Meanies, and has told Alex from Day one that he does NOT like new kids, and has scolded him on one occasion for being "stupid" and forgetting his scriptures. No wonder the kid doesn't want to go. On Thursday at a scouting thing, Alex showed the boy to me..... I showed him that we have some Grumpies at our house, and apparently, he was nicer at church today. As I tucked Alex in tonight he said through his tears..... "I tried to have fun today, but i just didn't." I think he misses his pals, and just doesn't know how to say it. He has been the one with the bad case of Angeries..... Yelling, punching and kicking his sisters. His symptoms have been mostly yelling, and stomping with the occasional flare up of a punch or kick of someone's car seat. Usually when his symptoms subside he is taken over by the Weepies. Poor guy. Liza is just sad, and had a big cry the other night because she will have no friends at her birthday party. :-( She asked me if she could spend her birthday $ to fly her friend Victoria out here. I told her maybe, until she said that she would only spend the $ if Victoria could stay for a whole year. :-) Not likely hun.
Brent has a terrible case of the worries, and I've had a few symptoms too, but mostly I am experiencing the weepies, and the grumpies with the occasional flare up of the Yellies.
I am trying to be patient. I am hopeful that the cure of these problems lies in our pending Vacation with Grandpa will really help things along. Brent being done studying will be great, and School starting will help too (I hope) They are ALL very worried that they won't make friends. Me too I suppose. :-)
Posted by Christie at 11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ohhh, this made me so sad. I feel for your babies! I know you want to fix things for them, but can't control other bratty kids. It just takes time and I know they'll have great friends soon enough and hopefully all the meanies and grumpies will leave your house.
You are waaayyy to fun a person not to have a million friends. Don't you worry -- you'll have a group of girls to do movies, nails and chatting with soon too.
We miss you tons!
This post made me sad, too. Not only for you, but for my daughter and grandchildren who just moved to Georgia. Melody is 8 and so worried about finding friends in a new school. Elias is almost 6 and just starting kindergarten--so he's just plain worried!
I haven't had much chance to talk with you yet, but you seem like a great person and someone I'd love to know better. I've been nosy and read the comments from those you left behind and you have to be wonderful for them to miss you so much already and to say such nice things. Good luck with all those extra houseguests. Maybe they'll hit the road once school gets in full swing.
I'm so sorry Christie. It's all just so hard. Ben still sometimes asks why we can't live in MD anymore and if we could get our old house back. The adjustment takes time. I really really hope that your kids make some good friends once school starts. I totally agree with Tracy, you are such a fun gal and I know you'll make lots of friends!
I feel so sad reading this. You are amazing, and so are your kids. I am praying for you, and I know it feel like home soon enough.
We miss you terribly. Wyatt is in denial, and asked that I not say Alex's name today. =( He is really feeling it too. Talia thinks that every friend is going to move and leave her. She is a little paranoid I am sad to admit.
Get on the computer and find something cool to do. You are amazing at that! Get out of the house, take some pictures, and be a happy family for a few minutes. (See if the the grumpies, angries, and yellies leave the house permanently while you are gone.)
Oh my dear friend! We miss you too!! I hope calling you today didn't add to the grumpies. I just wanted you to know that I missed you because getting out to explore was one thing I love doing with you.
Tell Tori she can come live in my basement! :) Hope the unwanted guests leave with school starting.
Poor kids! Poor momma! We understand that adjustment out here too. After a year, I think my kids feel at home. They still miss their buddies though. We will have Micah call Alex, now that we have your #.
Oh man. Those are hard days. May the cheeries be at your place soon :)
Man, those people moved in with us the minute we arrived! That church thing sounds not fun. Kids need an inviting environment. Anyway, I know how you feel. My kids haven't quite grasped the idea that there are other people in our MD house, I don't think.
Post a Comment