Sunday, August 16, 2009

First Day Of School

WOW!!! School already!! My kids kind of got their summer cut short. Late school out in MD, early school in in TN. But they were SO ready to go to school and make some friends. :-)
Liza is in 5th Grade this year! I can't believe she turns 11 next week!! WOW.
Alex is starting 3rd Grade this year! Are you kidding me?!?! 8 years old.
My little Tori starts Kindergarten! WHAT? Yeah, Kindergarten!! They go all day here, so she will be a tired little one, once they get into full swing. But I think she will be like Liza, just happy to have some social time.

Tori had to pose it up since I got out the camera... it just comes so naturally to her. It's so funny. I sure love this girl!!
They each picked an outfit for the first day of school. They all found fast friends, Liza found a girl on the bus, and one in her class that she wants to invite to her birthday. She also has made fast friends with 2 little girls from church. She always has been quick in the friend department. Alex, on the other hand is cautious about who he lets into his life... He has talked about "the twins" who live in our little area here. They are a year older then him, but are so kind... I hope he gets to be friends with them. What a better situation... 2 friends, very little effort... perfect for Alex. Tori has really bonded with a little girl from Church who is also in Kindergarten with her. They are not in the same class, but they will have lunch and such together. She has had a play date with her and cried when it was over. Katie.... well, we're working on her. :-)
I am so grateful that my kids are making friends and starting to enjoy TN. We are SO blessed.

11 comments:

Cami said...

They look darling. My first day of school is coming up too! I need a good place to take those pics . . .

Jenni said...

Great pics!! So glad they are making friends and adjusting well! Yay!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

hurrah for friends. Tori sure knows how to work it.She is a natural.

Jeri said...

Your summer was short! They look adorable (and so handsome) on their first day.

Tricia said...

So much fun we are on the count down two weeks and then school here!!!!

Jann said...

They look so cute. Happy first day.

Amber said...

I can't believe school has already started!! They all look so great.

B.E.C.L Wall said...

What fun first day of school pics! I can't believe how grown up and gorgeous/handsome your kiddos have become! I hope you are enjoying your back to school quieter house!

Jared - Christina said...

Great pictures! It's so weird to see pictures and I don't recognize the background. I have to get busy with all that back to school stuff!

tracey said...

I have to agree with christina... it is really weird looking at pictures of your kids with a background we don't know.
All the pics are of course very cute. So glad they are settling in so soon.

tracey said...

oh yeah, I love Tori's hair cut. Very cute!