Alex was SO excited to go to cub scouts. Lucky for me, Grandpa, a former cub scout leader was here visiting when it came time to sew on the patches. I had NO IDEA how to sew on a patch, but I learned. (not fun btw) He has been 8 since May, but I never bought him a shirt etc cuz I didn't want to put the MD pack number etc.. on his shirt for 3 months, so we waited. He was so thrilled and kept hugging me and saying "thank you mommy!" He wanted a picture with his book too. He has already earned his Marbles and Bowling thingy's (I don't know what they're called... give me a bit to catch up on the Scout lingo. :-)) He has very good leaders here who are right on top of things. I hope he has a wonderful scouting experience!
Shortly after I moved in i got wind of a pregnant neighbor. I watched and sure enough, one day she took her dogs for a walk while we were outside playing. We introduced ourselves and I asked when she was due. I offered to photograph her baby, for MY pleasure and her benefit. Then when she had her baby (I knew cuz of the balloons on the mail box) I stalked the poor girl again. :-) I took her over a gift (which I would have done anyway, to be all neighborly) and a card that offered again to be her photographer. Giving her my phone number. She called last week.. brand new baby. Oh I am so excited about how the pictures turned out!
I think that I've mentioned before that TN has the most beautiful light at 7:30pm. Last night I captured it really quick on my ever posing model Tori. She was so funny, I am sure any neighbors thought we were nuts. :-) The light really IS this warm... no warming in Photo shop! It is stunning. I also learned the other day that TN not only enjoyed painting a beautiful sunset almost nightly, but also produces stunning sunrises! Wonderful! Tori has a little playmate over right now. She and Annie have really hit it off. It makes her so happy to have a friend.
Katie has been my little sidekick. She is such a great little girl. On Tuesday when we did the photo shoot with the newborn, she was so good to just play all on her own, she only came to peek and see what we were doing a couple times. Then I fed her lunch and she came to the commissary with me for 2 HOURS! She walked along me, beside my cart and took assignments to get different foods and put them in the cart. She was SO good that I even bought her a $2.oo Diego cookie! :-) We had such a great day. That evening as I was unloading the groceries... Katie went missing....Where's Katie, Has anyone seen Katie
"BOO!!!" "Oh there she is!" We did this one for a good 10 minutes. She is so funny. She thought it was hilarious! Her Bed time secrets have changed now. She still MUST tell you a "secret" every night, but every night the secret is "meow meow, woof woof..." and then every night, the third noise is something different. It is never an actual animal noise.. usually a sssss and a click or two. SO Funny. It cracks us up. She also has been busting us up with her quoting the movie G Force. She hasn't seen it, just the commercials and she'll say "RRRIGHT!" just like the mice on the trailer, and also will just randomly out of no where say "poop in his hand, poop in his hand!" just the the trailer too. (that one CRACKS ME UP!!) I want to take her to see the movie, just for that 1/2 second of joy on her face when that part comes on. :-). She also had us rolling when she told Liza the other day that her outfit was "Dideous" She meant hideous, LOL . We've used that a few times since. Too cute. I absolutly love this age, I always have loved this age. that 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. UH, LOVE IT. I wish we could freeze time right here.
Speaking of time going quickly. Living in a new development has really surprised me. This house was nothing but a foundation 7 days ago.
The Framers had been in there about 12 hours a day, everyday but sunday! this is just AMAZING to me. and the brick work and siding is SO fast too! Impressive, I must say. We haven't had a house go up close to us yet, but I am told that if it is right next door it gets loud. Hopefully we go a LONG time w/o neighbors through the back.
"BOO!!!" "Oh there she is!" We did this one for a good 10 minutes. She is so funny. She thought it was hilarious! Her Bed time secrets have changed now. She still MUST tell you a "secret" every night, but every night the secret is "meow meow, woof woof..." and then every night, the third noise is something different. It is never an actual animal noise.. usually a sssss and a click or two. SO Funny. It cracks us up. She also has been busting us up with her quoting the movie G Force. She hasn't seen it, just the commercials and she'll say "RRRIGHT!" just like the mice on the trailer, and also will just randomly out of no where say "poop in his hand, poop in his hand!" just the the trailer too. (that one CRACKS ME UP!!) I want to take her to see the movie, just for that 1/2 second of joy on her face when that part comes on. :-). She also had us rolling when she told Liza the other day that her outfit was "Dideous" She meant hideous, LOL . We've used that a few times since. Too cute. I absolutly love this age, I always have loved this age. that 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. UH, LOVE IT. I wish we could freeze time right here.
Speaking of time going quickly. Living in a new development has really surprised me. This house was nothing but a foundation 7 days ago.
The Framers had been in there about 12 hours a day, everyday but sunday! this is just AMAZING to me. and the brick work and siding is SO fast too! Impressive, I must say. We haven't had a house go up close to us yet, but I am told that if it is right next door it gets loud. Hopefully we go a LONG time w/o neighbors through the back. You may be wondering where's Liza? well she had a birthday, and her party is on Friday, so all her news will go in her birthday post.
Last Saturday i had the pleasure of yard saleing with Erin, who knows her way around a bit. We didn't find what we were looking for, but we sure had fun trying. Then the kids went to a Stake Primary activity, and then to the Air show. The Air show was mostly helicopters... I had NO IDEA you could do those things with Helicopters! WOW. It was cool to see. They also did a re enactment of an air attack and that really moved me, nearly to tears. I am so grateful to those who serve our county. (both the US and Canada) It was a great day!
And just as a side note... I've wanted to live near a Sonic for SO long... I could drink Cherry Lime-aid till the cows come home... but I find myself mostly just tempted by the stop and rarely indulging because I could probably guzzle 500 calories a day in that stuff! We did stop last Saturday on our way home from the Air show and ordered their "kid's sundays" What a perfect treat for your kids, in the cutest little take out box, for only $1! Love that place!
3 comments:
You are the coolest neighbor, offering to take pictures of their newborn. I wouldn't mind being stalked in that manner. Katie is a hoot!
I love the baby pictures! Newborns are so fun. Especially when they don't ruin your stuff!
Drink a cherry limeade for me. Those calories don't count!
Fun post.
You are so sweet to take those pictures! I actually took Nina to G-Force and have to say that the "poop in his hand" line must be popular with all 3 year olds! I'm so happy to live near a Sonic too though I had to switch to diet cherry limeades to help my waistline!:)
Post a Comment