Happy 11th Birthday Liza!!!
Liza Celebrated her birthday this year with a trip to IHOP with the family on her actual birthday, and then a friend party on Friday night.
I made cupcakes for her friend party. I tried my hand at "Marshmallow Fondant" It was Very fun to work with. Gave such bright colors for her cakes, and even tastes good (as opposed to regular fondant)
For her Birthday Mom and Dad gave her "Disney Sing It" for the Wii. It is full of songs from artists like Hanna Montana, Jonas Brothers etc.. It's very fun. They played it at her birthday party for quite a while. This picture is of her trying it out for the first time.
Liza found this electric scooter at a "scratch and dent" shop here in town, She begged me to buy it for her birthday, knowing that it wouldn't be there after she got her Birthday $$'s from Grandparents. So I got it for her early. It was a little sad for her when she had to hand over all the cash that came in her cards, but then she went out for a ride and remembered how much she loves her new toy. This thing is Fast, let me tell you. Actually faster then I thought it would be, and kind of scary. :-)She love it! With Lizas boundless energy tho, the money would have been better spent on a tread mill then on something that hauls her around. :-)
Here is a couple pics of the Fondant Cupcakes, just for Drea to see how I did on m first try.
.jpg)
For her Party Liza took 3 friends to Busy Beads and Moore for her party. The girls each got to make a bracelet. A real one, with a wire through the middle and clasps and everything. The each got a charm too. The girls loved it, and it was a great price. I think the room rental and the bracelets cost me $40. (they made 5 bracelets)
Here is a couple pics of the Fondant Cupcakes, just for Drea to see how I did on m first try..jpg)
For her Party Liza took 3 friends to Busy Beads and Moore for her party. The girls each got to make a bracelet. A real one, with a wire through the middle and clasps and everything. The each got a charm too. The girls loved it, and it was a great price. I think the room rental and the bracelets cost me $40. (they made 5 bracelets) We then picked up some pizza from Papa Murphys (next door to the bead shop). Came home and had pizza and cake.
Liza is our social butterfly. She always has been. She has made fast friends with 2 girls in the ward, and 2 girls at school. One girl from the ward couldn't come, but the other (Jessica) is to the right of Liza. The girl closest to the camera is Courtney. She is in Liza's class.
This is Carly. Carly rides Lizas bus, and happens to be the bus drivers daughter. They're quite the pals as they are on the bus for a LONG time together every day. :-)
Liza and Jessica
The girls have jumped on the Trampoline, sang Hanna Montana, Pillow fight on the trampoline, done their make up, made cards, watched 2 movies, and I was just informed that they will turn off the TV after this movie is over, "and then we'll just play a board game or something like that for the rest of the night." !!! LOL what's the plan girls? an all nighter? Oh dear!
Liza is our social butterfly. She always has been. She has made fast friends with 2 girls in the ward, and 2 girls at school. One girl from the ward couldn't come, but the other (Jessica) is to the right of Liza. The girl closest to the camera is Courtney. She is in Liza's class.
This is Carly. Carly rides Lizas bus, and happens to be the bus drivers daughter. They're quite the pals as they are on the bus for a LONG time together every day. :-)
Liza and Jessica
The girls have jumped on the Trampoline, sang Hanna Montana, Pillow fight on the trampoline, done their make up, made cards, watched 2 movies, and I was just informed that they will turn off the TV after this movie is over, "and then we'll just play a board game or something like that for the rest of the night." !!! LOL what's the plan girls? an all nighter? Oh dear! I am so glad to have liza in our family. She is full of energy and ideas. Sometimes we're not so patient with her and her energy, but I deep down inside, appreciate her zeal for life, and her creative mind. She is usually respectful and helpful. She is becoming quite a nice young lady. I can't believe we are only 1 year away from Young Women's!!! AHHH!!!!!
Happy Birthday Girl.. We Love You!!
13 comments:
What a great Birthday party! The cupcakes turned out great! Did you make the fondant? or was it premade? If you made it, I would love to see the recipe. We have two birthday parties coming up.....
That sounds like a LOVELY birthday. Great job on the cupcakes!
Cute cupcakes Christie!
Happy birthday Liza! I miss you around here. You were always such a helper during co-op. I hope you had a very happy birthday!
Wow 1 year from young womens! Crazy! It sounds like she had a great birthday and how wonderful that she has made so many friends so quickly! Happy birthday Liza!!
Happy Birthday Liza! She looks so grown up. It looks like she had tons of fun. The cupcakes look so great.
I can't believe Liza is 11! It sounds like she had a wonderful day! I feel bad that we didn't call back. I didn't remember until it was too late your time. Anyway, your cupcakes look GREAT! Way to go and I I'm so glad you enjoyed doing it! They look so cute!! I'll have to call you later to find out how the whole process worked for you. Love you!
So glad she's made some good friends. Those cupcakes look yummy! Happy Birthday Liza!
I love the cupcakes they are so cute and bright. She is beautiful, Happy Birthday Liza.
I found your blog!! I LOVE the cupcakes! I want to learn how to do that. Jesikah really had a great time!! Thanks for including her. I appreciate you being flexible too. Feel free to check out our blog anytime.
I was so glad to see your comment on my blog! It was a lot of fun getting to know you a little bit last night. Liza is just a doll in class and I am so glad we have another awesome family in our ward!! Love those cupcakes! :-)
Liza and IHOP! haha:) She sure made out with the birthday loot:) that scooter is somethin else!
Cute cupcakes - You'll have to send me the marshmellow fondent recipe. sounds yummy!
Happy Birthday to Liza!! Sounds like a great birthday party!!!
Love you and your family, Christi.
What a super fun birthday! How nice to have so many new friends to share in the special day.
Post a Comment