Today I needed to get a few errands done. Guess who is sick of errands?
Yup. Poor kids. So this morning when I had to go call the dr's office to get them to send me a fax so that I could copy the fax, and sign the release and fax it back, so that they could fax my kids shot records to the army, so that I could put the kids in school, Liza opted out... She whined that she didn't want to come. I figured, she's nearly 11, she can stay home while Brent studies. We made a few pit stops while on our errands. She DIDN'T like that she missed the pit stops.
First of all, for some reason, the Kinkos near our house offers the BEST customer service on the planet, and this includes a little snack on your way out. Yup, both times I've been there, they've had little pre wrapped hostess products. This time all 3 of the little ones got a package of "zebra cakes". (2 cakes! each!) They were thrilled beyond words. We then drove out to the post to pick up the paper work that we were looking for. We found a lovely red/white/blue playground that the kids loved, while we waited for the lady in MD to get off lunch and send our fax. Then we ran over to hospital/clinic, to pick up our special forms. We waited an hour there too, but the kids were so good in the waiting room. (Shark Boy and Lava Girl on the TV didn't hurt either.) Then we went out in pursuit of a "Splash Park" that we had heard about. After asking only 2 people for directions we found it.
This is 1/2 of the park that is in front of the splash park. (WOW EH!?!?!)
This is the splash park. I guess 'they' have to do SOMETHING nice for all these little buggers who's daddies are active duty. It sure was a great day reaping the benefits of being Army. (Even if I did wait in a waiting room for 2 1/2 hours total to get 3 papers filled out.)
Good times. We will be going back for sure!!! It was SO incredibly fun!
I worried tho, as it didn't smell of chorine... Humm were they really pumping fresh water through that thing, or were they recycling water w/o cleaning it? I don't know.. But I tried not to think about it.
After the long day of playing. We went to "taco bell" for some lunch and headed home.
.jpg)
9 comments:
Hey I saw this idea on sugardoodle....let me know how it goes! Very cute idea!
Customer service.....I don't remember what that is. Cute FHE idea.
Is this splash park on post? I've never heard of it.
What a splash park!! Wow! And that is the cutest idea for a FHE lesson which I'm totally going to steal!:)
Cute FHE, and you should be very happy it didn't smell like chlorine. If it smells like chlorine it means it is "working". Hence a chlorine smelling pool is working really hard to keep the pool clean from all the grimeys. If it doesn't smell the people using it are clean. So be happy it didn't smell.
That is one cool splash park. I wish we would get one here... they are SO fun!
Gasp!! Customer service?? What is that?? I think I used to know..... :)
Bet Liza was sad she missed out on that fun day of errands! That splash park looks super fun! We will have to go there when we come visit you. :)
I love spray parks what a great way the kiddies to spend a couple of hours, I never thought about the water thing but now I wonder what they do?? Food for thought.
That splash park looks AWESOME!!!
GREAT pictures, and what a fun place!
Post a Comment