Sunday, June 14, 2009

Farewell to Life Time Fitness Auqa

And so another bunch of good byes.  This time to (as I call them) "my aqua ladies".  Aimee (who was the one who got me in at LTF) hosted a lovely lunch on Saturday.  It was SO nice!  We laughed at how different we all look "with our clothes on".  It was fun.  
Now, I have to start off by saying that water aerobics is NOT only for the elderly and the injured.  Although it is extremely beneficial for such, it also provides a fabulous work out for the fit clientele as well.  The trick is to find a teacher that knows this.  A lot of times even the teachers who teach the class teach it with this misconception, and it is a shame.  I absolutely love teaching.  It gives me the chance to be the  person who I used to be.  I get to be silly and fun, I get to jump around and be loud and crazy, and all the while, everyone is smiling and getting exercise.  I LOVE IT.  One of the biggest perks of teaching water aerobics over any other aerobics class is that you do generally have a core group of participants who are older and who do like things a certain way.  If you comply.. they love you... you love them.. and things are beautiful.  Unlike most of the younger participants, these women care about you and your life.  They care if my kids are sick, they care if my house is sold, they care if I know where we are moving,  they know when I went house hunting, where I went house hunting, and in some cases, how much I paid for my house.   They care if I have a cold, or if I loose my voice.  They are loyal and loving, and I will miss them a ton!  We have had many a "young thing" come to class, and sometimes the young ones are faithful and are almost considered part of the "core" group...  we've even had a few men from time to time, but these ladies are the ones who are there every day.  


As a gift, Marci gave me this picture of them at one of their parties.  I want to grow up and be just like them.  How cute is this picture???  They had a tea party.  They also go to broadway shows in New York together, and a variety of other activities too.  

These women have been a very large part of my life here in Maryland.  They have all been so supportive of several different events in my life.  They are always sweet with their praise and make me feel good about myself.  
Thank you ladies for an awesome 2 years!
Thank you Aimee and Marci for such a fun party, there was a lot of chatter and spreading the word in the pool so that everyone knew about the party.  There was also a card that was SO long... that was signed by a TON of people.  I will cherish these memories.

12 comments:

Jenni said...

That sounded like a great farewell from your aqua buddies! They seem like a neat bunch of ladies!!

Anonymous said...

What a thrill!!!!!!!!!! It sounds so fun and they are certainly a wonderful group of ladies!! I LOVE the hats!! I hope that you will be able to teach a class at a pool in your new area.

tracey said...

How fun and how nice of them to have a party for you! Very cool!

Barbara said...

I loved your agua class =) It is not just for the old or injured, you kick my butt every time I was there!

Jann said...

What fun. It sounds like they are sending you off in style.

Cami said...

Oh, what a bitter-sweet time. That was such a nice job.

Jeri said...

The aqua program will NOT be the same with out you. You are such an amazing teacher and I hope you continue to teach!

Kellie said...

What a lovely connection.

Dawn said...

i can't believe you won't be there when we come? altho we are driving thru Tenenessee, so tell me where you;ll be and if it's not too far off our track maybe we could hook up somewhere

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I miss your water aerobics class. They are going to miss you! I hope you find a place to work in TN. Is there a Lifetime Fitness down there? Not here.....just pavement and running shoes.

Deb said...

you're not still silly and fun? :) what a nice send off for you. i'm sure you'll find a water aerobics niche in your new home too.

Unknown said...

Ah, Christie,
You are our favorite water aerobics teacher ever! We miss you so much! Just as an example, I did too much in one of the classes at the end of June, had a "inflammation response" according to the physical therapist, and haven't been back since. I do keep asking the physical therapist when I can return:"Not yet". He noticed my "overdo it" or "tries too hard" personality (because I told him) and so I have to wait until I can move my left arm and turn my head without pain. Ah. Wish you were here with every muscle in my aching body! (I hope you laughed.)
I loved your blog. Haven't done a blog or facebook myself yet--still a little wary. Nice to know your beautiful family better.
Had seven kids myself, made it through hubby's graduate school on a shoestring. As in "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus," I can now say, "Yes, Virginia, there is a menopause." Miss you.
Claire