Here is a list of things that need to be done to our house in order to sell it, (according to all the negative feed back from agents)
... fix screen door on deck
... power wash and stain the deck
... Drag in (more) top soil and level back yard
... Re seed grass (we already did this)
... Re roof (some shingles on the front were curling up)
... New Carpet through out
... New flooring in kitchen and bathrooms
... Turn 1/2 bath in basement into a full bath
... Extend the finished part of the basement (which I am sure will lead to a need for more storage space)
... Add a full bath off of the master bedroom
... pull up the whole front step and put in a new one.
... de mustify my basement (BTW i've Never ever walked down here and thought it was musty smelling and I have a crazy nose)
... add some "elbow grease"
... open up the floor plan
... add some square footage to each room
and when all that is done......
... relocate the entire home AWAY from the power lines.
THEN and only THEN
... Lower the price
And then my dear friends we will have a house that is worth selling in this market.
(according to the agents)
Honestly, I think our home is cute. It was my dream home, and we saw it and bid on it in less then 3 hours. We love it. There is a need for new flooring, but for the price we are selling it.... come now, put it in yourself. :-)
"They" say the market is picking up... I don't know about that. A 3 bdrm just listed in our area for $250 000.00 Not good. :-(
4 comments:
I can sooo feel your frustration we went through the same madness with trying to sell our house and we had to eventually rent it out. Her lease is up in July so we are at a cross road on what to do with the house b/c she can't afford to buy it. Reading through your list I am scared to put it back on the market. :-( Good luck.
Man oh MAN that's horrible. I just really hope you work everything out soon. Good luck!
Wow! You've got a lot of work to do... where to start??
The only thing left to do is rejuvinate your marketing plan and subscribe to a new market clientelle by trying a new Agent with their set of buyers.
Post a Comment