Friday, June 12, 2009

Under Contract and other Blessings

WE ARE UNDER CONTRACT!!!!

We got an acceptable offer on the house this week, and we have accepted it, and are about to undergo the Inspection and testing.  It's kind of a mixed bag of emotions.  I want to be excited, but I am scared to be excited.  I also want to be excited because the showings are over, but it comes at a cost... we're going to have to pay a sizable chunk to get out of this house.  (BUMMER) All in all, I am happy that it is over... I hope. :-)  

On another note, a couple Alex stories...
Alex had a field trip to a park this week.  He was very excited for this trip....  ( I am sure that a lot of the excitement stemmed off the fact that there were TONS of snacks planned for the trip.)  He kept asking me if I could come.  I couldn't chaperone because it was on a Thursday and I teach Thursdays,  but I could show up at the park with the girls as soon as I was done teaching.  On the morning of the Field Trip it was overcast and rainy.  He was fretting... not about weather the party would be indoors or at the park, but weather I would be coming if it was held in doors.  I told him that I would call the school to find out if they went to the  park or not.   At about 9 am I got a call from the office @ school.  "Alex asked us to call and tell you that his class IS going to the park today.  For some reason he really really wanted you to know that."  I laughed sheepishly and thanked her for appeasing his need to have me know.   After teaching I have a message on my phone from another random woman...  "Alex is worried that you don't know where we are... he wanted me to make sure that you aren't lost, we are at the big new park at Centennial Lake.  Look for the busses."  When I finally arrived at the park, I was greeted by parent after parent and teacher after teacher saying things like "oh, Alex, you're mom is here!" and "AH, Alex, now you can be happy she is here."  And so on.  I think every adult that I spoke to knew the situation and how badly Alex wanted me there.   He was So sweet when I got there.  He took the girls and got them a drink, and filled them in on what was to come.  It was so cute!  A little embarrassing that everyone had to hear about it, but more cute them embarrassing.  He was so proud to have his little sisters there and took very good care of them, making sure that they got the treats that they wanted and he even snuck in and asked them for a bag of chips that I mentioned I liked that kind.  So thoughtful

While I was there his teacher relayed a story about him 'touching her heart'.  She said that on Field day, she was chattering 1/2 to herself about how she needed to get some water to make her hot cider with.  Alex told her that he would get her some water from the fountain.  She said, "no that's okay, I like the bottled kind of water."  She was waiting for someone to come and give her lunch so she could go and buy her water and make her cider.  When her relief came, she started heading out... Alex stopped her. "Miss Simpkins!  Do you have a cup?"  She said she didn't want to stop and get him a cup, but she did anyway. Then she headed down the hall, only to be stopped by a voice calling after her "MISS SIMPKINS!!!"  she turned around and there stood Alex holding up a cup of water.  She came back to him as he explained "I had a bottle of water in my lunch, so here, now you don't need to buy one."   She said she nearly cried.  She said "I thought to myself... thank you God for helping me slowdown enough to get him a cup, so that we could have this moment."  It was sweet to hear this story.

Katie offered up a prayer the other day, it was so cute that I wrote it down... (BTW  I LOVE the prayers of children... it is so fun to listen to them open up their hearts to The Father) 
"Heavenly Father, Thank thee Jesus, Bless Jesus so he can come back and so can Grandma. Name of Jesus Christ Amen."


My Lillies are in Bloom.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Ahh! How exciting! I hope everything works out and you don't have the stress of showings anymore!

Jenni said...

Congrats!! How happy it must be to be under contract. I hope the inspections and all go well. That prayer by Katie was so touching - what a sweetheart!

Jann said...

That is good news.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Alex is a doll! So thoughtful. His stressing over you coming reminds me of Micah. I have received similar phone calls, but then again, I have forgotten him a couple of times. I am so forgettful lately!

Barbara said...

How sweet of alex to be willing to show every one that he loves his family! the story about his teacher made me cry - so thoughtful. Makes me remember to slow down so that I don't miss those moments....

tracey said...

Loved the story of Alex's little obsession. So funny!

Cami said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! None too soon! I'm so glad. Good luck closing.